- Illustrator and concept artist. I excel in creating rich images for story as well as technical skill for solid design and break down.
- Experienced Leader and business owner with success in developing and leading organizational reforms to improve and streamline operations.
- Accomplished teacher with success in identifying the needs of each student, quickly giving them the tools necessary to excel.
OWNER, SYLR ILLUSTRATION STUDIO, MAITLAND, FL - MAR 2015-PRESENT
- Began a company to create engaging illustrations for clients.
- Manage the company finances, contracting artists, and client accounts.
AGENT, PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP, MAITLAND, FL - MAY 2014-PRESENT
- Financial Advocate specializing in small business and personal financial representation
STUDIO ARTIST, FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY, WINTER PARK, FL - MAY 2012-MAY 2014
- Developed in students the importance of adhering to visual design direction when working with Art Directors and Art Leads to execute a desired vision.
- Gave personal, individualized direction and critique to 5-15 students per month, communicating basic to complex artistic ideas, concerning story telling through composition, color theory, movement, value, perspective, etc.
- Wrote curriculum to facilitate the understanding and application of new ideas between technology and traditional art, and streamlined information on hard drives and servers for 3 different classes: Art 1, Art 2, and Methods of Design.
- Made visual examples for the students to use as inspiration and explanation of their assignments.
- Facilitated a complete overhaul and redesign for the curriculum of Art 1.
- Designed and managed the extracurricular program Digital Pixel Society (DPS), a digital painting/illustration/design club for students.
- Created procedures for collecting and archiving student artwork so that the pieces could be used for display and marketing material for the school, then returned to the students upon graduation.
STUDENT LAB MONITOR, FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY, WINTER PARK, FL - JUN 2010- MAR 2012
- Responsible for both computer labs and the traditional studio space at Full Sail University.
PRIVATE TEACHER, FREDERICK, MD - 2000-2010
- Taught fine arts and music classes to students ranging from ages 4-17.
MANAGER, MUDD PUDDLE COFFEE CAFÉ, FREDERICK, MD - 2000-2006
- Oversaw the day-to-day workings of the café: customer service, employee management, supply ordering, opening, closing, and event coordination at the Christian owned coffee café.
FULL SAIL UNIVERSITY
Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation with an emphasis in Concept Art, 2010-2012
Awards: Valedictorian, Advanced Achiever, and 7 Course Director Awards
Societies: Pure Motivation and Student Art League
- ADOBE Photoshop
- ADOBE Illustrator
- ADOBE After Effects
- 3D Coat
- Final Cut Pro
- Autodesk Maya
- Microsoft Word
- Google docs
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Saint Paul’s Presbyterian Church:
- Choir Member and soloist
- Organizer for men’s activities and overall community