DUKE UNIVERSITY, The Fuqua School of Business, Durham, NC
Master of Business Administration, May 2011. Concentrations in Strategy and Finance. Recipient of Fuqua Merit Scholarship and Walter and Marjorie Manley Scholarship. Career Fellow, Consulting Club member, admissions volunteer. Fuqua Scholar (highest academic honor given). GPA: 3.94.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA, Chapel Hill, NC
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Political Science, May 2007. Summa *** Laude. Phi Beta Kappa, Order of the Grail/Valkyries, Highest Honors distinction for senior thesis in Economics. First place in business track of the Carolina Challenge Entrepreneurial Competition.
2010 BAIN & COMPANY, Atlanta, GA
• Analyzed target verticals for corporate startup unit of Fortune 500 company, identifying 76 immediate pipeline targets worth $3.2 billion in revenue over five-years.
• Advised business unit marketing lead on advertising spending, directly impacting marketing plan and immediate advertising strategy.
• Performed value-based pricing, comparing competitive offerings to client incremental value, leading to initial go-to-market pricing book.
2007-2009 TEACH FOR AMERICA (TFA)
7th and 8th Grade Math Teacher, Zuni, NM
• Created and launched a new math curriculum at an underperforming school resulting in 1.98 years of student academic growth in one school year (district average was 0.7 years).
• Served as Head Coach for the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys basketball program, leading the program from a winless season to a 7-5 season by focusing on team building, strategy, and commitment.
• Selected by TFA as a “Sue Lehmann Excellence in Teaching” recipient; given to the top 2% of teachers nationally for distinction, commitment, and outstanding collaboration.
Phoenix Institute Director of Residential Operations, Tempe, AZ
• Supervised the dining, housing, and partner relationships of a teacher training program for 750+ participants who taught 3,000+ students, earning an 87% approval rating from participants.
• Served as the director of a cross-functional and collaborative team, leading all three employees in achieving 100% of their personal and professional growth goals.
2006-2007 UNITY08, Washington, D.C.
Online Media and Special Projects Coordinator, College Web Master
• Led a five-member team in launching a college recruitment Web site that captured more than 10,000 members for a national political organization.
2004-2005 FRANKLIN PUBLISHING GROUP, Chapel Hill, NC
Founder and Partner
• Founded, financed, and managed a small company of seven employees that produced a six-page news briefing for 250 subscribers by 9 a.m., five days a week.
Publications: Freedom's Answer: When the Twin Towers Fell, the Next Generation Rose! (Little Moose Press, 2003) and “You Can Party Too: The Rational Expectations of American Voters,” (UNC Libraries, 2007).
Community Involvement: Rainbow Soccer Volunteer Coach and Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Durham.
Other Interests: Fuqua United Soccer Club, running, carpentry, and collecting Native American art.