Writing and Editing / Public Relations and Marketing / Project Management
Excellent writing skills including AP style. Great verbal communicator. Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments. Highly analytical thinker with demonstrated talent for identifying and improving complex work processes. Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills.
Sephora.com, San Francisco, CA
April 2012 – Present
• Responsible for the overall content and experience of website
• Proofread and edit weekly site release content under strict deadlines, as well as major ads and campaigns
• Develop creative, strategic, compelling and consistent copy while maintaining the tone of the website
• Ensure factual accuracy and grammatical exactness of information presented in copy
• Adhere to web copy and brand voice standards while refining the Sephora brand voice
• Partner with online writers, producers and designers to ensure alignment, maximize efficiency and develop dynamic creative solutions
Party City Corporate Office, Pleasanton, CA
August 2010 – March 2012
Create thoughtful and engaging content for products that are tailored to target audiences. Ensure highest quality publications are presented on website.
• Craft strategically sound headlines, as well as detailed and targeted product descriptions
• Enhance SEO by tactically writing specific keywords, hyperlinks and meta data for products and web pages
• Actively engage in the motivation, training and professional growth of the team by leading group meetings
• Responsible for raising sales numbers by providing and proofreading imaginative and effective ideas for copy
• Develop, organize and maintain expansive archive of all new product copy
• Meet with Editors, Web Designers and Marketing Specialists to optimize content effectiveness
• Aid in the production process and handle all releases during photo shoots
MuzikReviews.com, San Francisco, CA
February 2011 – July 2011
Perform research on a wide variety of upcoming artists in the music field. Write in-depth reviews, critiques and blogs for professional website.
• Research numerous music artists/bands and carefully construct opinionated and fact-based articles
• Write in friendly, conversational style while including accurate and detailed information
• Create traffic by connecting reviews to social networking sites including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and personal blog.
Entercom Communications Corporation, San Francisco, CA
January 2010 – August 2010
Support Promotions and Marketing departments for local radio stations. Assist in the planning and production of public relations, special events and general marketing.
• Coordinate and organize promotional events for 95.6 KOIT, 95.7 KBWF and 102.1 KDFC
• Write a weekly column for the 96.5 KOIT website
• Conduct various research projects for the promotions department and listener outreach development
• Program strategy development, business stories, planning and execution of title campaigns encompassing all print, broadcast and online activities
• Generate publicity via strategically pitched trend stories and creatively written press releases
PC & Mac literate; Savvy with internet research and navigation; Adept in HTML; Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering a wide variety of applications
California State University, Chico, CA
August 2006 - December 2009
Bachelor of Arts Journalism, Public Relations
Minor in English