Joseph Wade Vanover
Writer / Editor
• Recent graduate of James Madison University’s English program—motivated to engage in relevant career opportunities while preparing for eventual application to graduate school.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Quick learner. Enthusiastic and efficient work ethic. Work well in fast-paced and high-pressure environments.
• Competent in editing and proofreading analytic, creative, and technical writing.
• Cross-platform proficiency (Win/Mac).
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Microsoft Word
• Analytic Writing
• Creative Writing
• Modern Language Association guidelines
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY, Harrisonburg, VA
B.A. in English, GPA: 3.127, English GPA: 3.92. May 2011
• Honors and Awards:
o Madison Writing Award (2011): Textual Analysis, Second Place – “‘Room of Theories’: Writing, Terror, and the Narrative of Isolation in Don DeLillo’s Libra, Mao II, and Falling Man”
o David Hallman Award for Excellence in the Study of Southern Literature (2011)
o “‘All Balled Up at the Head Office’: Understanding and Familiarity in Barton Fink.” MacGuffin Literary Film Journal. Spring, 2011.