• Organize, write, and edit airline flight and inspection manuals
• Develop online laboratory manuals using Adobe RoboHelp
• Design and write a laboratory quality management program exceeding certification standards
• Develop and organize data bases in Microsoft for patient data and test results
• Write safety training materials and documentation as required by state and federal agencies
• Collaborate with design personnel and billing staff to remodel existing space for office consolidation
• Pathology Laboratory Manager: 1994-Present, Pathology Services of Springfield, Springfield, MO (This company purchased my previous employers, TriLakes Pathology.)
• Volunteer Technical Writer: 2013 to Present, National Airline History Museum, Flight of the Constellation restoration project.
• Histology and Cytology Laboratory Supervisor: 1981 -1994, Cancer Screening Services, North Hollywood, California
• Bachelor of Science degree in professional writing, minor in journalism,
Missouri State University – December 2013, GPA: Major 4.0, Cumulative -3.78
• Associate degree in liberal studies, English and biology,
Los Angeles Valley College– May 1990
• Tau Alpha Epsilon – Honor society, Los Angeles Valley College – 1988-1990
• Society of Technical Communication – member since 2013
• Specialist in Laboratory Safety (American Society for Clinical Pathologists) - 2000
• Histology Technician (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) – 1984
• Springfield Little Theatre – 1994 to present – Patron member, volunteer both onstage and backstage.
• Boy Scouts of America – Troop 7, Springfield, MO -2005 to 2011– Committee Member, Chaplain, Advancement Chair, Assistant Scoutmaster, BSA Lifeguard, Camp Arrowhead Commissioner. BSA Woodbadge Training – 2007.