Seeking the position of Arabic Instructor, with thorough expertise in Arabic and English, willing to work and impart my native language skills to language lovers and one's who wish to learn the language, and to become well versed in Arabic language. I am willing to be a part of an institute, which gives freedom to alter the teaching techniques and approach, such that the language's practical usage is emphasized. I am hard working, multitask-oriented, with very strong organizational and communication skills, and a positive attitude individual. I have the ability to directly contribute to continued growth.
Highlights of Qualifications
Native Arabic speaker (North Africa dialects), as well as Modern standard Arabic.
Over 10 years of professional experience in teaching Arabic Language to native and non-native speakers.
Fluency in three languages: Arabic, English and Bulgarian.
Excellent communication skills, highly motivated, personable, able to develop effective teaching curriculum, with ability to work and teach multicultural students.
Highly dedicated, enjoy teaching, and work hard to find suitable materials to make the learning process an enjoyable experience.
Ahfad University for women, September 1990-1997 Sudan
Arabic Instructor: Conducted classes for university students and adult, focused on developing general skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, in addition to, grammar principles, history, and literature.
Giving students control of their learning process, and empower them with a good foundation in; Lexis, Syntax, Phonology, Semantics, and Pragmatics.
Arabic tutor for professional students from multicultural backgrounds and levels.
Facilitated challenging learning experiences, and designed special method.
Preparing assignments, grading examination papers and maintaining a track of the progress of students.
Computer literate and good administrative skills.
DHR-GA: December 2004 – present GA, USA.
Freelance contract as: interpreter/translator with Department of Human Resources and as translator with all state agencies under DHR-Georgia interpretation and translator/linguist.
SMI group: January 2004 – August 2011 (Fort Polk – Louisiana)
Cultural Advisor- Role-player: provide a cultural training to US soldiers to be deployed to Iraq, training take place in Fort Polk (LA), also work as translator with the army in real time training , help them communicate with local people, help soldiers with basic Arabic language, and culture , customs and tradition in Arabic world. Provides written translation service.
Bosnia house: November 2003-January 2004 (Lawrenceville-GA)
Translator and culture advisor, with the army in real time cultural training to US soldiers to be deployed to Iraq, training take place in Fort Polk (LA), Providing general language and cultural support for U.S. Military help them communicate with local people, Interpret spoken communications during interviews and meetings. Translate written documents, newspaper articles, and other written media.
ALF institution: January 2000- August 2003 GA, USA
• Take sessions for students aged between 6-16 years
• Assist students in mastering in oral and written communication
• Prepare for the sessions before hand, keep the course material, presentations, and notes ready
• Draft test papers, conduct tests, evaluate answer sheets, assign grades and provide feedback to students to make further improvements
• Provide special assistance to students who are slow learners and more guidance and attention
• Help students in building the confidence of speaking the language fluently by motivating students to recite poems, give speeches, read news for the class, etc.
Elforsan for Computer & Technology: November 1998- December 1999 KSA
Career and Technical Advisor,
PT language Instructor
• Apply innovative and updated training methodologies.
• Help the career-conscious students select a course matching their interest and skills.
• Make a good rapport with teachers, students and other staff members.
• Provide classes in Computer application and Database designing.
• Teaching ESL classes and also teaching Arabic language for non Arabic speaker.
• Expertise in Arabic and English, written and spoken communication
• Excellent knowledge of Arabic Literature and well acquainted with English Literature
• Excellent teaching skills and ability to develop a teaching approach based on the requirement
• Expertise in working as a mentor and guide
• Well acquainted with the training requirements and course material development required for working at the said position
• Expertise in training students as per their requirements, for example someone seeking to specialize in the language for professional reasons will have to develop a professional expertise in the same
• Expertise in using various audio visual presentations and course material to make sessions more interesting and fun filled for the students
• Expertise in helping students understands phonetics and actual usage of words, sentence construction, etc.
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics Engineering, Technical University Sofia-Bulgaria. Awarded by regionally accredited colleges and universities in the US.
Certified Arabic trainer, Startalk Teacher Training Summer Program for Arabic in SDSU June10-21, 2013
Qualified and registered interpreter with Department of Human Resources – Georgia.
Qualified and registered interpreter with North and central Georgia Law Enforcement Agency.
Completion of safety/security technical training program.
Affiliation: Member of Atlanta Association of translators and interpreters