Robert A. Specht, User Interface manager
17 17 Coolidge Drive ·(978) 376-8994 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Director with 19 years experience in applying a human-centered design methodology to all phases of the mobile and web application design and development processes. Highly motivated conceptual thinker with strong interaction design skills with a proven track record of innovative solutions for business, marketing, and technology situations. Skilled manager of multi-disciplined team of user experience architects, interaction and visual designers responsible for the design of elegant, usable and highly engaging mobile user experiences. In everything I do, there is a always a plurality of dimensions in the focus on creating and providing the proper context for innovative ideas, a new online presence or an improved message to a client’s customer.
In addition to being an exceptional manager and people person I am adept at conducting user research, capturing audience needs and business goals, developing UX strategies, information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing; mentoring and overseeing design projects with user experience architects, interaction and visual designers; collaborating with project managers, technical architects, business analysts and application developers and have experience leading and managing engagements, estimating, solutioning, collaborating on proposals and assisting in the generation of new business opportunities. I also have exceptional knowledge in designing for a wide range of mobile platforms including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, and Windows Phone etc.
Mobiquity Inc. August 2011 to present
Managed a team of 15 talented user experience professionals. Ultimately responsible for the quality, efficiency and timeliness of the creative work emanating from the team of creative resources under my management.
• Responsible for the quality, efficiency and timeliness of services delivered by the creative team.
• Responsible for resource scheduling, demand prediction and capacity planning.
• Mentored UX strategy and design engagements, working closely with project managers and lead UX architects to ensure the smooth and exceptional delivery of strategy and design services.
• Collaborated with solution architects, sales and client partners to develop innovative, cost effective and value enhancing solutions for our clients.
• Supported the sales process by attending to sales calls, identifying opportunities, making presentations and assisting the sales and solutioning team to sell proposals.
• Facilitate brainstorming sessions and conduct stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements from our clients, addressing product, brand, marketing, content and overall user experience.
• Synthesized qualitative, quantitative and customer data to guide client business decisions and drive change by translating research insights into actionable recommendations.
• Contributed to the internal development of UX processes, deliverables and standards.
• Developed new types of deliverables, workshops, or presentations as necessary.
• Contributed to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work and growth into the next generation of user experience design.
Swap.com April 2010 to August 20122
Built and manage user experience design team. As UX manager I played a part of the core product team helping translate broad concepts and requirements into detailed user design, information architecture and design principles that would define the flow of how users engage with swap products both web, mobile, and iPhone.
• Scoping and defining product strategy, feature road map planning, overall user experience strategy for next generation swap experience.
• Collaborate with executive management on the long-term user experience strategic vision
• Address complex design challenges including navigation interaction models, data visualization, and adherence to established mobile interface guidelines
• Identified and analyzed business requirements through interviews, workshops, remote testing and focus groups.
• Defined the creative brief, provide design direction of the rebrand of swap.com and managed vendor relations
Sapient Corporation June 2008 to March 2010
User Interface Manager
Manager of user experience team, ranging from 3 to 14 persons, including interaction designers, graphic designers, front-end developers and user experience researchers. Produced and managed a wide range of deliverables including kiosk, websites, surfaces, and mobile applications.
• Managed interaction design teams through the redesign of large e-commerce website using agile methodology
• Drove product strategy; defined user experience goals and user experience strategy
• Responsible for managing the design team's time, workload, resource allocation and job prioritization
• Managed interaction design team including interaction design, visual design, user researchers and front-end development
• Scoping, forecasting and tracking of multiple programs
• Illustrator and author of creative brief, information architecture, wireframes, interaction diagrams, design pattern specifications & Interaction design specifications
• Redefined behavioral page logic, information architecture, interface design and site organization of tjmaxx.com and marshals.com
• Balance business requirements and customer needs while ensuring the design team's work aligns to overall requirements
• Illustrator of Design pattern specifications & Interaction design specifications, wire frames and iPhone application specifications.
CSC Cloud Computing
• Illustrated the overall user experience, interaction model, interface, usability research, workflow, and information architecture
• Created site architecture, interaction specifications, wireframes and correlate business goals with customer experience design
• Served as liaison between cross-functional teams of graphic designers, copywriters and front end developers
Monster.com, May 2007 to May 2008
Manager Interaction Designer – E-commerce
Manager and mentor cross-disciplinary creative teams in user experience projects. Conducted conceptual design experience and strong project management skills to approach projects with a solid working knowledge of user centric design principles, human factors, and user centered design processes, interaction design guidelines, usability methodology, and industry standards and trends.
• Managed a small team in creating conceptual design and project direction based on primary/ secondary research and business opportunities working with cross functional teams
• Brought strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas into interaction and design solutions.
• Incorporated blog features, community aspects, and social media platforms to maximize customer relations
• Developed guidelines and patterns for consistent and scalable web application development.
User Interface Contractor, June 2006 to April 2007
User Interface Manager
Worked closely with clients to translate business rules and practices into functional requirements for large, media-rich, web-based projects. Developed user interface design standards and patterns; created and directed production of interaction design and information architecture deliverables including wireframes, site maps and page flow documentation.
• Responsible for interaction design, information architecture, overall site navigation, and the content schematics for Cadillac, Hummer and micro-site for TIAA-CREF.
• Documented design using site maps, wire frames, and interaction flow diagrams, with functional and behavioral specifications.
• Developed and documenting use cases, task flows, and detailed interaction designs.
• Designed the user experience elements for globally recognized sites such as, ESPN, Royal Caribbean, Cruising Power, Foot Joy & Titlist
• UX Lead for developed guidelines and standards for consistent and scalable web applications development while balancing the needs of users, sponsors and designers.
• Defined and designed the user experience, interaction model, interface, usability research, workflow, and information architecture
E-travel April 2001 to May 2006
Senior Information Architect – B2B, E-commerce, Hospitality
Worked cross-functionally with business development, customer service and engineering teams to produce competitive analyses, risk analyses, user experience, business rules and product specifications.
• Led cross-functional team of GUI designers, developers, and database specialists.
• Interpreted user needs into requirements specifications and User Interface Principles guidelines.
• Iterative UI design development utilizing, story boards, wire frames, and flow charts.
• Provided needs analysis for administrative website to develop travel sites using BEA Portal technologies.
• Played integral role in feature teams including the re-branding of e-Travel, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts December 1996 to March 2001
Product Manager, Interactive Creative Services
Responsible for Web Based Marketing and Loyalty marketing for major hotels and resorts chain. Directed marketing activities and communications for the web, as well as business-to-business relations.
• Formulated needs assessment and testing programs and user-centered design methodologies
• Produced site architecture (user experience) for Westin.com.
• Developed specifications, user guides, and user interface guidelines for internal and external content partner use.
• Conceptualized and designed visual and verbal communication for the westin.com web site and print collateral.
• Defined Logo specifications, site architecture, and promotional guidelines for Westin hotel collateral.
Boston University, Boston, MA - Marketing Communications 2001
Continuing education: University of Massachusetts; User centric design principles 2003, Oracle; Human Computer Interaction (HCI) 2003