Sr. Copywriter / Healthcare / Hi-Science / ACA Projects
I'm a Senior Copywriter who's been working both sides of healthcare marketing for about 10 years. I’ve worked on the pharma side and the consumer side. Worked in all categories from Oncology, and Osteoporosis to Feline antibiotics. I’m a student of the ACA and its effect on all people, all companies with health plans and the drug companies (currently building a PPT on the subject).
Although my strength is concepting, I’m adept at researching, extracting primary study findings and creating strong copy platforms that build unique brand positions.
Oncology & other Hi-science: Most recently I've worked on an oncology brand & an MS brand. I did electronic detail aids and mobile detail aids for Provenge (Dendreon) & Avonex (Biogen) going to doctors. In the past I was involved in a pitch for and Genesense (Genta). I also did email campaigns for focused on Seroquel XR (AZ) and Avonex (Biogen) both to doctors and patients. I wrote a website for endoscopic injection for incontinence in young girls; Deflux (Salix). I worked on a CV & Nurses slim-jim for BreathTek UBT (Otsuka), a device for testing for the H. pylori virus.
Brands & Other Pharma Experience: Ditropan XL (Ortho McNeil), Tequin, Plavix (BMS), Micardis (Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH), MMR, Vaqta, Recombivax, Comvax Vaccines (Merck), Rimonobant-Accomplia (Sanofi-Aventis), Provigil, Enjuvia (Barr Labs), Exanta, and Toprol XL (AstraZeneca).
I’ve done journal ads, vis-aids, brochures, and direct mail, trade-show videos, banner ads, e-blasts and RM. I’m originally from a non-pharma background of CPG and service businesses.
I've written lots of digital content, for sites, banner ads and videos. I can annotate & reference materials and have them medical/legal submissions-ready.
I’m passionate about my work. I’m also passionate about collaboration, mentoring, and making any interaction with the people I work with a comfortable, fun experience.
Consumer Healthcare Experience: Claritin, Relpax, Paxil, *******, Mercksource.com, Seasonale and Robitussin Cough Products (Bottled syrups & Cough & Cold Liqui-gels).
B2B Prescription Experience: I understand the payer/payee dynamic for I’ve worked on a website for an outsourcing company that handled the processing for both the Medical Insurance companies and the Healthcare Providers. I’ve also written a website for a PBM company (Prescription Benefits Management Company) that has a Prescription Empowerment Program which gives employee incentives for switching to generics. I also launched; 340Basics. A PBM geared towards helping vets, underprivileged, and more needy getting higher discounts on their prescriptions.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR AC COMMUNICATIONS: 2009-PRESENT; Hawthorne NJ
• BreathTek UBT– worked on CV and a nurse directed slim-jim for detection of H. pylori.
• Provenge–wrote e-detail & m-detail aids for Provenge (oncology)
• Seroquel–wrote email campaign DTP for Managed Market awareness
• Pradaxa –wrote vis-aid for this new blood thinner.
• NuSpecies – Re-wrote their website for this now growing nutritional supplement.
• Deflux – wrote this website for a therapeutic device for incontinence in young girls.
• Vee Technologies USA – I wrote 46 page website for this outsourcing company.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR BLOCK & DECORSO: 2007-2009; Verona NJ
• B&D – wrote their website.
• Blau & Blau Tax Assessors – I wrote their advertising and DM marketing materials.
• Boiling Springs Bank – I wrote ads and mailers.
• Peapack Gladstone Bank – again, I wrote the advertising and DM marketing materials.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR JUMP START ADVERTISING: 2004-2007 Englewood NJ
• Rituxan – created journal ads for anti leukemia drug.
• Genesense – worked on a pitch for this combo chemotherapy treatment for Genta.
• Seasonale – I created vis-aids for this oral contraceptive.
• Plavix – created DM to doctors for this anticoagulant.
• Relpax, Paxil – created TV ideas for the anti-migraine and anti-depressant drugs.
• RD Legal Funding – rebranded this factoring company appealing to the legal arena.
• Singulair – I created TV ads, vis-aids and journal ads for this Asthma medication.
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR ADIENT: 1998-2004 NY, NY
• Exanta – Staffed up a group and supervised all materials for this anticoagulant launch.
• Toprol XL – created print concepts for this anti-hypertensive.
• Provigil – I pitched & won this drug for excessive sleepiness.
• Enjuvia – I worked on the pitch for this estrogen to treat hot flashes.
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR EURO RSCG LIFE: 1990-1998 NY,
• Spiriva – I wrote vis-aids, journal ads and other DTP materials for this COPD drug.
• Ditropan XL – I wrote for this drug, which controlled over-active bladders.
• Rimonobant (Accomplia) – I pitched and won this drug for obesity.
• Tequin – I created journal ads and a vis-aid for this antibacterial drug.
• ******* – I worked on TV and print for the early concepts for this ED drug.
• Merck Vaccines – supervised all marketing and writing.
• Vanceril – I wrote vis-aids and journal ads.
SR.COPYWRITER LOWE & PARTNERS: 1986-1990 NY,
• Robitussin – I was in charge of all writing for several products of this OTC brand.
• Relpax – I pitched and won this drug dealing with migraine headaches.
• Paxil – worked on TV ideas for this anti-depressant.
• Mercksource.com – worked on a pitch for this healthcare website.
Creative Awards: One Show Silver, Andy, AD Club, NY Film TV, Cannes & Manny.
EDUCATION: Pratt Institute Degree: BA