RESUME FOR THE JOB OF TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER
Saeed A Qureshi
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science: Punjab University Lahore, Pakistan, 1964
Master of Arts in Urdu Literature: Punjab University Lahore, Pakistan, 1966
Master of Arts in English Literature: Punjab University Lahore, Pakistan, 1968
Diploma in International Relations & Diplomacy: Pakistan Administrative Staff College Lahore, March 1974
During this period, I had worked as a Diplomatic Correspondent in the leading English dailies of Pakistan Including daily Pakistan Observer.
In January 1992, I launched my own opinion English weekly Diplomatic Times that remained in circulation until 2001, the year when I moved to the United States.
Oct.2001 to the Present
While in the United States, I have been continuously writing articles on diverse themes in local as well as Pakistani newspapers and periodicals. Various blogs also republish my articles. These articles and opinion columns that I have been writing in the United States, are posted at my blog www.uprightopinion.com
Since October 2007, I have been associated with the UT Southwestern Medical Center Dallas Texas as an interpreter in Urdu, Hindi and Punjabi languages. These are the three main languages spoken in both India and Pakistan. Since May 2006, I am also working as interpreter on-call with the Accento Language Company Dallas Texas.
Summary of My Professional Profile
• Rich and varied background in Administration and Management.
• Journalist with over two decades of meritorious record and distinctive performance.
• Professional writer.
• Believer in and practitioner of high professional and ethical standards.
• Comprehensive knowledge of computer operations, including MS Office, Word, Power Point, Publisher, and Excel.
• Endowed with strong inter-personal, as well as public speaking skills.
• Professional Community Interpreter/Translator for several years.
• Fluent in English and Indo-Pakistan main languages.