CEO and Co-Owner, Your Go2 Girls
• Managed a portfolio of more than 40 clients.
• Increased organizational annual gross revenue by 266%.
• Increased client’s annual sales and bookings by 306%.
• Responsible for booking, planning and coordinating 34 events in 15 months; including 21 weddings, 5 Bridal Expos, 4 milestone Birthdays, a Bridal Shower, Retirement, Class Reunion and an Inaugural Ball.
• Assisted client in re-organizing annual fundraiser to increase revenue by 150%, increase attendance by 200% and reduce expenses (4%); ultimately the client meet its fundraising goal, significantly reduced its cost per attendee and established a system for tracking and managing donors.
• Provide entrepreneurs with resources and technical support for small business start-up.
• Assist business owners with streamlining operations, branding and marketing their products and services, and most importantly how to improve their profit margins.
• Establish and maintain Vendor, Client, and Partner relations.
Regional Resource Development Director, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington,
January 2008-May 2009
• Provided concentrated Development consultation and direct assistance to build fundraising capacity through assessment, planning, major donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship;
• Developed and implemented a comprehensive resource generation plan (tailored to the region) to build fundraising and board capacity for increased revenue;
• Worked to expand BGCGW’s donor base; including researching and identifying new prospects among major donors;
• Established fundraising performance goals with results measured by regions’ increase in income;
• Developed, test, and implement BGCGW fundraising activities as appropriate for increase in regional income;
• Conducted ongoing evaluation and tracking of region to assess fundraising and development needs to determine the best methods, models, and systems for building and improving fundraising capacity for the region;
• Recruited, managed, evaluated and trained the regional development volunteers and other staff members;
• Worked with other regions to secure major gifts through planning, cultivation, face-to-face solicitation, recognition and stewardship;
• Served as the primary contact with assigned major donors and develop strategy for securing gifts;
• Oversaw and ensured the highest quality standards for the preparation of presentation and solicitation materials; and,
• Ensured that the regional staff and board were informed of changes in trends and initiatives that might impact the organization.
Consultant, Full Court Management
Special events consultant.
Principi for Supervisor (Finance Manager)
Managed all fundraising related activities for political campaign including, special events, prospect research, solicitations and follow up. (Client is currently serving his 2nd term.)
International Labor Rights Forum
Served as management consultant to international advocacy organization, assisting in the establishment of structured and intentional fundraising department. Duties include training and coaching board members, working with volunteers, implementing standardized policies and procedures for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation acknowledgement and stewardship. As well as analyzing the donor database, establishing a prospecting procedures and coordinating direct mail and email solicitations.
Assisting clients to determine and achieve their personal, professional and business goals.
Association Director of Mission Advancement, YMCA of Metropolitan Washington,
November 05- June 2007
REPONSIBILITIES: Overall development and implementation of association fundraising, special events, branch board development, training, corporate collaborations and donor acquisition, management and retention.
• Created a culture of Philanthropy among staff, members, donors and partners.
• Was responsible for the development, implementation and operation of fundraising activities that targeted annual and corporate donors.
• Worked with other Senior Management, Branch Board of Directors and development staff to develop a strategic fundraising plan that will lead the organization to meet ambitious fundraising goals.
• Developed and executed a $1.65 million annual sustaining campaign for 17 branches and program centers throughout Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
• Managed and supervised the development team in a fiscally sound manner by ensuring that the appropriate systems, staffing and procedures are in place to support fundraising goals.
• Oversaw signature fundraising events, to include road races (4), galas, luncheons/balls (3) and golf tournaments (3).
• Served as the creative director for departmental and event marketing and promotional materials.
• Responsible for the conversion, training and management of association donor database (Raisers Edge).
• Responsible for establishing and maintain internal and external partnerships to improve the organizations visibility and promote the mission. (i.e. Washington Wizards, Marcus Johnson, etc.)
• Responsible for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.