Senior Technical Writer with total more than 9 years of work experience, in which 1.5 years of experience in Technical writing and editing. Meticulous and result oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Enjoy working in a team environment or as an individual contributor.
B.Ed from North Eastern Hill University in the year 1998
Post Graduate in English literature from North Eastern Hill University in the year 1997.
Bachelors in English Literature from St Mary’s College Shillong in the year 1995
Advanced Diploma in computer Applications from NIIT.
Computer Applications and Data Processing from LCC.
Basics of Multimedia from Arena Multimedia.
Adobe Frame Maker
LDC Caption Generator
Lionbridge India Mumbai, May, 2010 -Present
Reviewed and edited User guides and Help documents for Samsung Smart View software, Quanta hardware architecture documents, and so on.
HP ESSN- Review and edit all technical documents for HP Bangalore. The work involves restructuring and editing documents to eliminate issues related to content, grammar, punctuation, nomenclature, organization, and consistency in conformance to HP ESS TD and IPDS style guides. The technical documentation includes administrator guides, user guides, migration guides, installation guides, and release notes for storage, server, operating system, and networking domains.
Hancom Office: Reviewed and edited Hancom office tutorials written by non-native English writers to ensure high language quality and accuracy using MSTP style guide.
Skillsoft LDC Video Editing: An editorial review of all US scripts/xml files involved the removal of unnecessary words resulting in a clean and more comprehensible US English script, without any impact on the integrity of the material.
HP 3Com switches and routers: Restructuring and copy-editing installation manuals, configuration guides and command reference guides of the HP 3Com routers (SR 6600 and 8800). The work involved a structural edit of the documents and then copy-editing them to adhere to the HP Style guide and then the specifics of the HP ESSN style guide.
Microsoft content cleanup: Testing MS office tutorials and making the required changes in OCMS.
Indian Institute of Jewellery Ltd Mumbai, October, 2008 to April, 2010
• Create and review marketing collaterals required for presentations in schools & colleges.
• Edit and critique letters, presentations, web pages and press releases.
• Assist with syllabus construction and edit instruction manuals documented for students by the skilled craftsmen.
• Lead Business Development and Marketing efforts.
• Conduct Seminars and Presentations.
Edurite Technologies Pvt Ltd Mumbai, November, 2007 to September, 2008
• Create collaterals for trade shows, career fairs, education fairs to promote products and courses.
• Contribute to the implementation of promotional programs and optimized revenue levels.
• Collaborate with other functional managers to provide integrated sales solutions to customers.
FROST & SULLIVAN Kolkata, January, 2007 to May, 2007
Sr. Account Executive
• Achieve sales target through partnering with clients in the Information and Communications Industry.
NIIT LTD Kolkata, May, 2004 to Dec, 2006
Executive- Career Guidance May, 2006-Dec, 2006
• Compose and edit student profiles based on industry developments.
• Achieve sales target for the organization by handling potential customers.
• Plan and organize various product promotional events.
• Design and create promotional collaterals.
Sr. Academic Counselor May, 2004-April, 2006
• Plan brand promotion and marketing activities.
• Achieve sales target for the organization.
Accolade India Pvt Ltd, Shillong, (Licensee of NIIT Ltd), May, 2001 to April , 2004
• Achieve Sales target for the organization.
Alpine College, Shillong, April, 2000 to April, 2001
• Taught English literature and evaluated student performance.
• Coached students in composition and editing.
• Achieved the highest number of enrollments for Aakriti- annual creative fest at IIJ- September 2009
• Winner of Gold medal for achieving highest Number of enrollments nationally for World Computer Literacy Day 2001
• Winner of Centurions award for highest number of enrollments for the month of Dec –Jan 2003.
• Been an active part of the team, announced to be the“Winners”for being the team in the region to meet the quarterly and yearly budget. (2004-2005).
• Strong communication, interpersonal, learning and organizing skills.
• Ability to relate comfortably with people at all levels makes me an excellent team player.
• Can function effectively in a variety of demanding environments with a positive yet flexible attitude.
• An honest, reliable and hardworking person who can think analytically and critically.
• A committed, determined & observant individual.
• I have Zest for hard work, Zeal for learning.