I am a contemporary writer with impeccable communication skills. With a versatile and dynamic approach, I handled Page 2 in `New Indian Express' and featured a variety of stories which included young achievers, inventors, profiles besides regular coverage of events like music, dance, fashion etc. Besides, I used to contribute to the other supplements like women, real estate, education and write for the bureau especilly on health and crime.
I want to work for an organization which has immense growth potential and update in technology. Love to work as a team and be part of some hectic work schedule and brainstorming sessions with seniors. I have a good flair for languages, software and culture, so nothing will be a deterrant to my progress in any organization.
In my previous organization, I was responsible for the entire page and used to submit four to five stories per day based on the ad space. Used to highlight articles with news and features on the page which ranged from young achievers, high fi profiles, day to day programs from the world of music, dance, fashion etc.In addition, I used to contribute hard news to the reporting division besides other supplements. In addition, I used to cover press conferences daily besides covering events in the press club. In addition to soft and hard news stories, I used to write on health, women, real estate, crime etc. Used to read the entire newspaper and spot the mistakes the next day. Used to train young college students in editing and reporting besides do letters to the editor.
Produce daily news stories for Page 2 and reporting division
Report, edit, develop and write strong, catchy story lines.
Write company and executive profiles for advertorial pages
Analyze and write stories from research-driven documents
- Solid news judgment and experience in features and reporting.
- Strong reporting skills and break news
- Ability to stick to strict deadlines.
- Produce at least one story a day and juggle multiple assignments.
- Exceptional good writing skills which require little or no editing.
I have more than 15 years of work experience as a freelancer and staffer with adequate local exposure.
My last work station was at Doha where I had a short stint as `Features Editor' with the `Gulf Times' magazine and was earning more than one lakh in Indian rupees.
Hoping to hear from you,
Thanking you in advance,
Name: P K
Mother Tongue: Malayalam
Languages known: English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam
1. B.A English Literature (Bharathidasan University) Holy Cross College, Trichy, TN, (1983-86)
2. M.A Communication (Bharathiar University) PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, TN, (1988)
3. Diploma in Creative Writing in English (IGNOU), New Delhi, (1993)
4. Diploma in Investigative Journalism, (NIPI), New Delhi, (1995)
5. Diploma in All India Freelance Journalism, (AIFJA), Chennai, (1997)
1. Gulf Times- (Aug2010 to Nov2010)-Features Editor- Gulf state- reported to Mr James
Contributed on an average six special features for `The Woman’ magazine besides editing the entire magazine.
2. The Elite Post-(Jan 2009 to Nov 2009)- Senior Correspondent, Bangalore- reported to Mr Shankar.
Written features and articles on various fields including music, fashion, dance besides highlighting profiles of people from various fields.
3. New Indian Express- (Aug 6, 2005 to Jan 2009) – Bangalore- Senior Reporter- reported to Mr Shankar.
Headed page 2 in the name of `People and listings’ and used to edit and write four to five feature stories every day. Besides, contributed to the Reporting division besides other supplements like woman, education and real estate,
4. New Indian Express- (Apr 1 to Aug 2005)-Senior Reporter, Cochin- reported to Mr Manoj
Used to write features for the features pages and other supplements
5. The Week, Mid-Day, HT - (2004 to 2005)-Freelance writer, New Delhi.
Written many articles on fashion, music and dance programmes besides many interviews with famous personalities from different walks of life.
6. Nilgiri Television Network-Correspondent-(1996-1999), Ooty- reported to Mr Selvam.
Interviewed many politicians and industrialists besides covered regular events.
7. Ooty Televison Network- Reporter (1993-96), Ooty- reported to Mr Rehman.
Was a regular face on countdown shows besides day to day reporting events.
8. Freelance Journalist- HT, Pioneer, The Week, Business sphere, Madhya Pradesh Chronicle, Swatantra Bharat (1992-93), New Delhi.
8. Sunday Mail- (1990-1992), Sub-editor- New Delhi- reported to Mr Shenoy.
Used to edit and report a variety of stories.
9. Mathrubhumi- Reporter-(1989-1990), New Delhi- reported to Mr Asokan.
Used to cover the proceedings in the Parliament besides covering regular day to day events.
Academic awards in Poetry, Shakespeare and Linguistics in B.A. English Litt
NCC-Represented TN&P at Republic Day Parade, New Delhi
Senior Under Officer with the senior wing NCC and lead the contingent
Holder of A B and C certificates in NCC
Medals and certificates in short and long distance run.
Certificates in dance competitions in college and inter- collegiate cultural programmes.
Photography, reading, travelling and meeting people.
Ability to procure special stories be it news or features. Have a good command over the language
My forte lies in writing on human interest stories, music, dance, fashion besides travel writing.