I am in a career transition and am seeking contract / freelance work where I can apply my 17 years online marketing experience, of which the last 15 has been focused on providing professional search (and more recently social) marketing strategies for large and mid-size national brands in myriad industries including clients such as RadioShack, Hyatt, Pfizer, Lesley University, Oxfam America and others. I've been on the agency side almost my entire professional career; including launching and managing my own search marketing company for the last 11 years. I am primed to focus and maximize my extensive search marketing skills and team management know-how on your client(s) strategies.
Search Marketing Skills Summary
- Integrate search marketing strategy with overall brand and marketing objectives.
- Generate, implement and manage “white-hat” search engine optimization strategies.
- Generate, implement and manage paid search advertising strategies in Google, Bing/Yahoo, Facebook and Twitter.
- Generate, implement and manage inbound link building strategies to include keyword content strategy for web site audience usage and social media engagement (Facebook, Twitter).
- Generate and analyze keyword, traffic, sales, page indexing and back link reports in order to inform and improve web site and/or landing page user experience as well as search and social search strategies.
- Perform online SEO and paid keyword and competitive analysis in order to inform and improve search strategies.
- Monitor ever evolving search industry trends including algorithm updates and best optimization solutions for Google, Bing/Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Work closely with overall web team (programmers, developers, designers, media producers, copywriters) to ensure search and social friendly practices are not only implemented and clearly understood, but used to inform creative and content strategies.
Other Relevant Skills
- High emotional intelligence and extensive self-knowledge which enables me to manage and work with others in often complex and challenging situations in such a way that inspires leadership, accountability and a desire to work together to find new and creative solutions.
- Ability to work well under pressure in dynamic and fast-paced environments while maintaining a positive solution-oriented outlook and my own equilibrium.
1999-Present: Founder / Sr. Search Strategist, KUMA Interactive, Lenox, MA
1996-1999: Director of Online Marketing, CenterMedia, Boston
1995-1996: Online Marketing Consultant, Boston
1994-1995: Director of Online Marketing, Arts and Music Online, Boston
1993-1994: Advertising Account Executive, Image Ad Graphics, San Diego
Marketing Intern, ABC Television Network Affiliate, San Diego
Education: Bachelors of Science in Business Marketing, San Diego State University, 1993