Sylvia Hernandez English< >Spanish
OBJECTIVE: English>Spanish translator.
SUMMARY: Native Spanish speaker; professional linguist, proof reader and editor, experienced in research, communication and time management, able to prioritize conflicting tasks to obtain prompt results, 1500 words per day, CAT tool: Omega-T.
Education: Professional Certificate in Translation and Interpretation, UC San Diego Extension
ESL Certification, San Diego State University
B.S. in Business Administration, Management, Cal. State University Long Beach
Business, finance, economics, marketing
Legal contracts, employee handbooks, hotel guest information, religious and psychological material, books, transcripts, brochures, business proposals, project proposal for PEMEX, editing.
Law, Music, Education, Psychology, Religion, Hotel and Traveling, History, Business
Freelance Translator 2003-Present
ESL First Grade Elementary School Teacher (Mexico)
Credit Analyst 2006-2008
• Researched, validated, and processed leasing application information
• Entered, updated and retrieved data for credit applications
• Verified client business information, including: business name, place of business, time in business, ownership, etc.
• Responded to inquiries from sales and lenders through constant e-mail and verbal communication
• Read and analyzed credit bureau reports
• Made well-reasoned, independent decisions within defined parameters
• Built and maintained credibility and negotiation with external lender contacts
• Maintained strict confidentiality and exercised solid judgment to complete assigned tasks
• Built strong working relationships both within and outside the company
Administrative Assistant 2002-2006
• Inquired payment status on past due invoices to several clients
• Ensured prompt payment receipt from customers
• Deposited amounts between five to six figures and above on a daily basis
• Provided payment to all vendors of every department
• Front desk clerk, receptionist, secretary
• Answered telephones and provided quality customer service