I am skilled as a translator and have had much experience as such.
• Fully fluent in Spanish.
• Studied five years of grammatical and conversational Spanish.
• Have been in several business and financial transactions and have acquired a large jargon vocabulary.
• Have assisted many people in legal, medical, and financial transactions and situations as a personal translator.
• Developed simultaneous translation skills.
• No slang or inappropriate language used.
Spanish instructor, Ivy Tech
• Adjunct faculty member from 2000 to 2005.
• Developed a conversational and grammatical curriculum I still use today.
Latino Liaison, Concord West Side Elementary School, Fall, 2006
• Planned and executed parent/teacher conference schedule between teachers, parents, and translators.
• Facilitated communication between parents and teachers in delicate situations.
• Translated documents and assisted in enforcing health and safety rules for the school.
Walmart Money Center and Vision Center, 2008 to current
• Learned legalities regarding financial and health related private information.
• Further developed communication skills in Spanish in a fully professional setting.
Living Faith Fellowship: Member since 1999.
• Simultaneous translation of messages.
• Translation of documents and songs.
• Editing translations of publications.
• Coordinating events highlighting culture.
AP Spanish, 5 levels Elkhart Central High School Completed 1993
Associate of Applied Science U.S. Career Institute Currently enrolled
References are available upon request.