Caroline J. Zimmerman
Award-winning sales and marketing professional with a proven track record in national business development, marketing, management and market research including qualitative and quantitative analysis. Exceptional at building relationships and working with people at all levels of an organization. Consistently surpass goals, possess an impeccable work ethic, and committed to excellence.
My objective is to secure a position that utilizes a successful, comprehensive sales and sales management background, offering career advancement opportunities with performance as the measurement of success.
• Dedicated and enthusiastic sales and marketing professional with extensive experience,
strong leadership skills and demonstrated accomplishments.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with ability to quickly establish rapport
and gain respect at all levels of interaction.
• Highly developed in-person cold-calling skills with excellent ratio of closure to calls.
• Extremely polished, well organized and able to effectively manage team and territory.
• Self-motivated, achievement oriented, highly competitive and award-winning.
SIMPLE SOLUTIONS MARKETING, INC. Owner and President (December, 2002- Present)
• Currently own an advertising agency, for which I developed the business concept and all
marketing materials. I am not presently performing the daily operational activities.
• Cultivated relationships with General Motors, Mercedes Benz, Famous Dave’s BBQ
franchises, University of Illinois and many more- from real estate development firms to
regional banks and small businesses.
• Increased revenue annually through 2009- by 218% in '04, 58% in '05, and 41% in '06.
• Cultivated relationships with business owners to obtain responsibility for their advertising
• Negotiated media rates, developed media plans and placed media buys for all clients.
• Created radio, television and print advertising campaigns and manage all production,
utilizing outside vendors.
TSYS MERCHANT SOLUTIONS, LLC Palm Beach Gardens, FL and Chicago, IL
Senior Regional Account Executive, (September, 2012 to September, 2013)
• Provided merchant services solutions to businesses of all sizes through in person cold calling
and bank referrals; utilizing extensive electronic payments industry knowledge and national
connections to secure new merchant accounts.
• Achieved top 1% ranking nationally and closed over 10 million in processing volume,
• Achieved 125% of quota September through December, 2012.
• Assisted territory manager by coaching and mentoring fellow team members.
TRANSFIRST, LLC Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Senior Regional Account Executive/Team Mentor/Trainer (March, 2009 – September 5, 2012)
• Managed 48 banking centers merchant services activity providing electronic payments
solutions through in person cold calling and bank referrals.
• Led field sales division in development of national account base and merchant services
portfolio; provided solutions within all business sectors.
• Ranked 4/88 nationally, January 2012, ranked 1/26 on Florida team for self-sourced deals
closed through May 18, 2012.
• Achieved 357% DIA Revenue and 160% of total Revenue, January, 2012.
• Achieved 150% of Signed Volume quota throughout 2011.
• Ranked 9/105 nationally in self-sourced volume closed, through March, 2011.
• Closed and activated $12,537,000 in volume January – March, 2011.
• Maintained 97% portfolio retention with a 75% close ratio.
2009 – 2011 Champaign, IL
• Successfully developed partnership with First Mid-Illinois Bank, managing 35 regional
banking centers merchant services activity providing electronic payments solutions.
• Signed multi-location accounts like Arby’s, which generated more than 14 Million in
processing volume annually and several large car dealerships which generated more than
18 Million annually.
• Coached, mentored and trained all team members in my capacity as a Team Mentor.
• Ranked top 5% in company over all achieved volume, equipment and total company
• Earned and Awarded President’s Club status, 2009 – 2010.
• Awarded Sales Olympian status for the President’s Club Tracker every month and AE of the
Month 4 times during, 2009 – 2010.
• Selected as 1/6 salespeople nationally to the High Potential Group for outstanding sales
performance and leadership demonstration.
• Honorary speaker for company-wide Best Practices Call focused on signing high volume
TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICALS AMERICA Champaign, IL
Professional Sales Representative (October, 2000-February, 2001)
• Sold Actos, a drug used in the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes through the development of relationships with physicians and their staffs.
CABLEREP, A DIVISION OF COX COMMUNICATIONS Champaign, IL
Account Executive (August, 1995-September, 2000)
• Sold cable advertising on commission-only basis to companies of all sizes.
• Maintained the highest automobile dealer client list of anyone in the company.
• Opened new sales territory achieving top 5% status within the company.
• Increased sales as much as 48% annually through research and in-person cold calling.
• Winner of numerous national and regional contests, including number one regional
salesperson in NFL Sales Blitz every year.
• Consistently achieved highest annual contract rate in region.
• Won national sales contest in 1999, exceeding contest requirements and achieving 110%
of sales goal and 104% of collections.
OLIVET NAZARENE UNIVERSITY Kankakee, IL
Bachelor of Science, Human Resource Management
INDIANA UNIVERSITY Bloomington, IN
Coursework focusing in Marketing
Obtained Illinois Health Insurance License, while employed by Mutual of Omaha Insurance, Kankakee, IL
Obtained Illinois Real Estate License