Dynamic business professional with 28 years progressive experience in information technology and customer-focused disciplines, including Corporate Training; Curriculum Development and Delivery—with a 7 year focus on eLearning (Distance/Blended Learning); Project Management, Technical Writing; Graphic/Web Design and Business/Systems Analysis. Strong communicator (verbal/written/graphic) with solid interpersonal, analytical
and organization skills. Proactive ability to plan and manage multiple priorities to meet and exceed business/project objectives.
TECHNICAL SKILLS Proficient in state-of-the-art design packages that allow for the development and delivery of corporate training material in classroom, online/on-demand, and blended environments, including but not limited to: Adobe Master Collection (with Captivate, Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Soundbooth), Techsmith Camtasia Studio and Snagit, Microsoft FrontPage, Certpoint VLS Content Creator and Questionmark Perception (online assessment creator tools) and all Microsoft Office products. Adept at delivering interactive virtual classroom experiences using Saba/Centra and WebEx as well as interactive multi-media on-demand training videos. Strong SharePoint site development and administration skills as well.
The Hartford Insurance Company – Hartford, CT 2011 to Present
Farm Credit Financial Partners, Inc, - Agawam, MA 2005 to 2011
Phoenix Life Insurance Company, Inc. – Hartford/Enfield, CT 1997 to 2005
Communications Project Manager; Senior Technical Writer
WGE Communications – Enfield, CT (second job/side 1993 to 2005
Sole Proprietor – Web Design/Graphic Design/Document Development
Gerber Garment Technology, Inc. – Tolland, CT 1989 to 1997
Technical Writing/Documentation Manager
Aetna Life & Casualty, Inc. – Hartford, CT 1979 to 1989
Business/Systems Analyst; Various IT-Related Positions
Corporate Trainer/eLearning Specialist
• Develop and deliver blended learning experiences and activities based on instructional design principals to meet educational objectives using appropriate tools and technology. Deliverables include virtual classroom sessions, formal on-demand training videos and online assessments to test knowledge, as well as end-user documentation, online help systems and maintenance of online courses via a Learning Management System and Training intranet website. Develop and maintain/administer customized SharePoint sites.
Management / Project Management – Documentation & Training
• Management – Responsible for interviewing and providing recommendations on hiring new full-time employees and consultants, handling staff reductions, preparing annual budgets, preparing quarterly and
annual staff reviews, mentoring writers, and resolving staff and workload conflicts as needed.
• Project Management – Successfully maintained full responsibility and accountability for all documentation/training project decisions and deadlines for 60+ hardware/software products. Collaborated with IT, Business and Manufacturing managers and subject experts to determine specific documentation and training requirements for each product from the technical, support, end-user and communicative perspectives. Forecasted assignments, resources and costs. Prepared project plans, coordinated project deliverables and staff assignments, and tracked key project milestones. Managed and assisted with the design, development and delivery of all product-related documentation.
Technical Writing / Graphic & Web Design
• Researched, wrote, designed, and illustrated professional-quality documentation for CAD/CAM, Windows and Web-based applications and related IT projects. Deliverables included printed and online end-user manuals, context-sensitive online help, online tutorials, training guides and curricula as well as internal support documentation (help desk reference guides, programmer reference manuals, process flows and definitions, architectural and conceptual diagrams and technical specifications. Prepared numerous technical bulletins, newsletters, and internal IT communications detailing new technology projects and IT-related initiatives.
• Analyzed various manual and automated business processes and IT-related system workflows. Facilitated discussions with subject experts to compile essential data and assisted in the design and testing of integrated technology for specific tasks and end-users.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Drexel University
Pursuing a Graduate Certificate in eLearning Leadership
Manchester Community College - Manchester, CT
BA in Graphic Design with a Concentration on Multimedia
Rochester Institute for Technology, Inc. - Rochester, NY
Numerous career-oriented courses focusing on Business Management, Communication and Adult Learning
Rockhurst College for Continuing Education
Various career-oriented courses focusing on Business Management and Communication
Aetna Institute for Continuing Education
Various business, writing and management-related seminars/courses