To work in areas involving:
• Data entry inputting, and Excel formatting
AS400, and many other web programming languages.
• Database development and administration
• Program design and management of Crystal Reports for both in-house and customer data management/communications
• SQL/MySQL programming, warehousing, and data manipulation
2011-Present Guru.com Online work at home
Data Entry and Research
2009-2012 E-Lance Online work at home
E-commerce Developer and Data Entry
• Working on Magento or X-Cart to input products, configure the e-commerce store to run and troubleshooting
• Programmed with SQL Server or mySQL to populate the products for sales and earnings.
• Done with extensive Excel formatting and macro programming also, using VBA
2006-2009 Spherion Temporary Services Sioux Falls, SD
PC Technician and Data Processing
• Responsible for installing a new computer system for Midcontinent Communications
• Responsible for data input on surveys, working on Excel to set up statistical information for surveys and research results for various Spherion clients.
2003-2004 Indiana School for the Deaf Indianapolis, IN
PC Technician and Programmer (Contract)
• Responsible for rolling out, installing, tuning, monitoring and supporting all new and existing workstation systems and components.
• Responsible for upgrading PC software on networks, workstations and servers.
• Assisting web developer on ASP.net projects using Visual Studio .NET
2002-2003 River Palms Casino Laughlin, NV
Applications Programmer (Contract)
• Performed data warehousing, data mining with SQL Server for financial data, statistics, and casino bonus/incentive information for the slot club.
• Set up daily operating reports for the Chief Financial Officer that included comprehensive individual player data.
• Developed newer application for the accounting department, using COBOL/SQL/Access/VBA and Excel.
• Assisted Management Information Systems Manager on repairing, upgrading and deploying the existing networking system throughout the whole casino and hotel system.
• Using AS400 to improve functionality, I upgraded the existing system used in the Accounting Dept.
• Developed a new report generator system using Crystal Reports with Access
• Helped to develop a brand new look with better features of River Palms Casino website
Database developer, applications programmer, and web developer for various companies, including Robinson’s & May’s, State of Nevada, MGM Grand Casino and Hotel, Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, Mirage Resorts, Department of Commerce, Bank of America with extensive use of COBOL, MySQL, DB2, Oracle 9i and 11i, AS400, Goldmine, SQL 7.0/2000, Visual Basic, Visual FoxPro, Access/VBA, PHP, HTML, some on .NET and Crystal Reports.
Gallaudet University Washington D.C. 1983-1988
B.S. degree in Business Administration
Kaplan University (online) Ft. Lauderdale, FL 2004-2005
(Two consecutive terms on President’s Honor Roll, 4.0 GPA in IT field)
-Visual Basic 2005
-Data Management II
-Introduction to Information Technology II
Seminars and Special Training:
Dell Certification (2008)
Certified in Dell Desktop and Server Deployment
Microsoft/Computer Training Seminars
Training on SQL Server, Windows 2000- 2003 deployment, Office 2000 - 2007, COBOL, AS400/RPG400 Operating, ASP with Visual InterDev, Web Development and Excel/Word Advanced
Computer games, travel, Aikido (black belt)
Member: Kappa Sigma
- References available upon request.