To obtain a fulltime/part time teaching position with your school/company.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS:
• 6 years of teaching special education in the reading/language arts content areas at the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade levels
• 1 full year of teaching 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade levels of high school English at the community college
• 5 years of coaching at the middle school, junior varsity and varsity levels.
• Received teaching certifications from the Texas Teachers Alternative Certification Program in 2008 in special education, language arts/reading grades 4th through 8th, and grades 9th through 12th
• Fully CPR/AED and concussion certified from 2009 to present.
• CPI trained and certified since 2013.
• Lesson planning expertise
• Academic performance evaluations
• IEP expertise
• Behavioral disorders knowledge
• Resource management
• Public speaking expert
• Skilled in working with special needs children
• Standardized testing trained
• Tutoring experience
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Coached middle school and high school teams with 10 children or more
• ARD and IEP expert
• Helped more than 50 students a school year reach their Individual Education Plan goals and objectives for the past 5 years
• Helped over 50 special education students, per school year, in grades 6th through 8th partake and succeed in the Texas state testing.
• Served as successful Head Coach for 10 students or more in 7th through 12th grade for several teams, such as cross country, basketball, volleyball, soccer and softball
• Was chosen to help organize and chaperone several fieldtrips in the past 5 years:
? 8th grade field trip to Orlando, FL with 15 students in 2010
? Fieldtrip to Dallas, TX with 20 students in grades 6th through 8th in 2012.
? Fieldtrip to Orlando, FL with 15 students in grades 7th and 8th in 2013.
? Participated in numerous local fieldtrips to the Houston Zoo and NASA.
• Was selected by my principal and peers to lead a Professional Development workshop on campus on classroom management and discipline in the spring of 2012.
• Was chosen to represent my department at the AMLE conference in Orlando, FL in 2012.
• Taught high school students English literature at the community college and helped them get high school credits.
University of Houston-Downtown Houston, TX
Bachelors of Arts in English Literature
Stephen F. Austin High School Houston, TX
High School Diploma
• Magnet program graduate
• Texas Scholar
• All-district honors in 3 Varsity sports 2 years in a row.
• Athletic scholarship
Houston Community College, (Several Campuses), Houston, TX
Adult High School Teacher
• Prepare and deliver high school English lessons and lectures
• Always readily available to discuss and meet with students and colleagues before and after class
• Execute generic teacher duties: take attendance, assign and grade assignments, help students get high school credits.
E.L. Furr High School and McReynolds Middle School, Houston, TX
• Full coaching duties after school and during games
• Travel with team to and from games
• Ensure the safety of the teams at all times
• Organized fundraisers, and handled athletic district paperwork. August 2008-Present J.L. McReynolds Middle School, Houston, TX 77020 Special Education Language Arts/Reading Resource Teacher
• Full-time teacher duties
• Create, prepare, and deliver engaging lessons
• Provide differentiated instruction to meet the students’ individual needs
• Work with children with a wide range of learning and emotional disabilities
• Ensure the safety of students before, during and after school
• Work closely with TEKS materials to enable students to successfully participate in the general education curriculum and rigorous district, state, and national testing
• Work closely with colleagues to plan effective lessons
• Meet with administrators, parents and students alike as needed
• Hold weekly tutorial sessions to ensure that students understand concepts
• Schedule, prepare and hold ARD meetings for my caseload of students
• Generate and update IEPs as accordingly for 50 or more students with special needs per school year in order to help them achieve success
• Attend district mandated and voluntary Professional Training in order to gain more knowledge in my fields. April 2007-May 2008 J.L. McReynolds Middle School Houston, TX Special Education Clerk
• Worked diligently with special education state folders
• Teacher’s Assistant in the general education, inclusion, life-skills, resource, and Behavior Services Classrooms
• Served as a one-on-one aid for two high functioning autistic students
• Performed general clerical duties and used office equipment such as phone, computer, fax machine, scanner
• Used computer software such as Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, PDF files
• Scheduled ARD meetings, translated in parent conferences for parents, administrators and teachers alike. REFERENCES: Upon request.