Over 20 years clerical, data entry and accounting assistant experience with the same employer. Looking for a part time position where I can share my experience helping your company and continue gaining new experiences.
AUGUST 1989 TO JANUARY 1992 J. Walling & Associates, Inc. Spokane, WA
• Answer phones, fielding calls for adjusters, taking and distributing messages. Receive new assignments from clients over the phone, set up new file and assign to an adjuster. Transcribe reports and correspondence, proofread for grammar and punctuation, in addition to making sure it makes sense. Organize and maintain all files.
JANUARY 1992 TO MARCH 1998 J. Walling & Associates, Inc. Spokane, WA
BILLING CLERK/CLAIMS ASSISTANT
• Answer phones for backup. Receive all time sheets and enter in the computer. Reconcile activity logs for payroll. Prepare files for billing by ensuring all entries are accounted for and correct. Perform claims assistant duties as mentioned above.
APRIL 1998 TO PRESENT J. Walling & Associates, Inc/Paragon Claims, Inc. Spokane, WA
BILLING SPECIALIST/ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
• Set up new accounts for clients in database and link to appropriate billing schedule, if any. Receive files from multi-state offices for billing via the internet. Ensure all credit card, police reports and long distance charges are logged. Follow each client’s billing guidelines and procedures, prepare invoices, assemble all documents and email per client specific instructions. Reconcile reports for payroll and prepare payroll commissions, process accounts receivable and bank deposits and manage bill collections. Maintain confidentially at all times.
MARCH 1988 TO JUNE 1989 Spokane Community College Spokane, WA
• Word Processing
MARCH 1999 TO MARCH 2000 Professional Career Development Norcross, GA
• Bookkeeping and Accounting Program
OCTOBER 2004 TO SEPTEMBER 2005 Allied Business School Laguna Hills, CA
• Medical Billing & Introduction to Medical Coding
References are available on request.