Freelance Fashion Illustrator, Illustrator, & More
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Experienced direct mail merchandiser in women’s apparel and footwear.
• Exceptional achievement in Private Label footwear category can be attributed to strong design background and creative talent.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, research/analysis, organization and leadership skills.
• Self-starter, quick to grasp new ideas, concepts and methods. Energetic and self-motivated team player/builder.
• Ambitious and flexible with an ability to adapt to changing environments.
• Semi-finalist in Air France Design - 1987, NY
• Brickfish Design for Mariah Carey & Susan G. Komen -2009
• Talenthouse Design for Veronica Webb, Florence & the Machine,Leona Lewis - 2010-11
• E & Adrianna Papell Design Live from the Red carpet - 2011
JBS LIMITED, New York, NY 2012-present
Managing domestic production for women’s moderate apparel.Entering account orders, handling fabric and garment testing and sample requests for eCommerce & marketing samples for major industry accounts.
JBS LIMITED, New York, NY 2002-2003
Designing women’s apparel line for moderate market with a contemporary flair for career to
evening wear styles.
• Product development for Private Label companies
• Incorporated Forecast trends to target customer
• Managing designs from conception through production
ESSENCE BY MAIL CATALOG, New York, NY 1998-2002
Division of Essence Communication LP
Private label for specialty catalog. Analyzed sales history and performance to build profitable line assortment for several categories. Worked with quality control to execute proper garment concepts and manage return rates. Partnered with inventory control, reviewed estimates for appropriate stock levels. Supervised assistant buyer in executive development.
o Designed profitable dress category that exceeded $1,000,000 representing 17% of total dollars for spring 2000
o Created initial ESSENCEASE lounge wear concept that evolved into a successful brand for the catalog, representing 5% of gross sales.
o Created profitable contemporary social set line for Holiday 2001 with a 14% increase in dollars and gross margin of 62%.
o Provided an increase in gross demand dollars of 68% in the footwear classification from fall 1998 to fall 2001 resulting in the second highest category in sales and profitability.
SUKA, New York, NY 1996-1998
Women’s Apparel Manufacturer
• Designed contemporary styles for catalog companies ranging from sportswear to evening wear, utilizing a wide range of fabrics from knits to wovens.
P.A.C IMPORTS, IN, New York NY 1996-1997
• Designed an ethnic line of apparel for their retail outlet.
BEEBA’S CREATIONS, New York, NY 1990-1995
Junior Sportswear Manufacturer
• Projected cost estimates of finished garments.
• Coordinated with production to ensure appropriate utilization of fabric and color.
• Utilized computer to recolor prints.
• Compiled a library of seasonal colors.
• Worked closely with buyers and sales force to accommodate their individual needs.
Assistant Merchandiser 1989-1990
• Responsible for translating trends, presentation boards, flat sketches, detailed specs and overseas communications.
SPIEGEL INC., Downers Grove, IL 1992-1994
Direct Mail Company
• Designed a full range of creative looks from better sportswear to eveningwear that was featured in a Spiegel specialty catalog.
BARBER & BROMBERG, New York, NY 1987-1988
Embroidery & Stitching
• Created two dimensional embroidery ideas that evolved into textural designs.
GLORIA SACHS, New York NY 6/87 – 8/87
• Responsible for organizing entire fabric selections and inspirations from past collections.
• Supervised garment fittings.
• Reviewed production phases.
MOORE COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN - Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Fine Arts
HIGHLAND REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, Blackwood, NJ