2012 DARTMOUTH COLLEGE – TUCK SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Hanover, New Hampshire
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Clubs/Activities: Dartmouth Energy Collaborative – Co-Chair & Alumni Officer, Technology Club, Tuck Diversity Conference – Treasurer, Hispanic Ancestry Student Association, Soccer Club
Honors/Awards: Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Fellow, Robert Toigo Foundation Fellow, NSHMBA Target Scholar, and Glassmeyer/McNamee Center for Digital Strategies MBA Fellow
2005 CORNELL UNIVERSITY
Ithaca, New York
BA (Honors) in Integral Psychology, Cosmology, and Holistic Science
Honors/Awards: Magna *** Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Dean’s list (all semesters), College Scholar in the College of Arts and Sciences, NASA HEDS-UP Research Program Participant
2012-Present PARKER RANCH INC., PARKER RANCH FOUNDATION TRUST Kamuela, Hawai’i
Manager of Corporate Development
• Oversee the emerging business development opportunities and strategic sustainability and renewable energy investments for Parker Ranch, Inc., the largest private landowner on the Big Island of Hawai’i.
• Model business case and strategic investment opportunities to generate value for shareholders, reporting directly to the President and CEO and serving as a member of the Operating Committee.
• Manage the portfolio of new business initiatives for Parker Ranch, with a particular focus on alternative land use and renewable energy investments, including wind, solar, and biomass sources.
• Lead efforts to develop strategic relationships with investors, partners, and developers interested in pursuing opportunities requiring lands owned by Parker Ranch. Design and implement creative structures to attract investment capital and align the interests of landowners and potential operating partners.
Summer 2011 APPLE, INC.
MBA Intern – Project Manager, Business Operations and R&D, iPod Products Group
• Spearheaded exploratory project for an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system with the potential to reduce capital expenditures and intensive audit, calibration, and fulfillment labor costs across 270 R&D labs by an estimated $72M over 6 years.
• Managed internal review process and detailed gap analysis between current state and ideal state asset management systems, developing detailed financial forecasts to model return on investment (ROI).
• Executed Request for Proposal (RFP) process, performed due diligence on external vendors and internal stakeholder needs across operations, finance, and R&D engineering groups. Presented cost-benefit analyses to achieve senior executive buy-in for enterprise wide implementation plan.
2006-2010 JANUS CAPITAL GROUP
Equities Research Associate – Global Technology
• Managed strategic research initiatives and market surveys on global technology hardware, software, handsets, and service companies to identify key revenue and margin drivers on major equity positions owned across all Janus funds, including the $820mm Janus Global Technology Fund (JAGTX).
• Developed and qualified investment opportunities through independent, grass-roots research, gathering information through consumer and corporate market surveys within specialized technology fields.
• Provided analysts and portfolio managers independently qualified data on key leverage points affecting companies owned in Janus portfolios, leading to the successful outperformance of industry benchmarks.
• Performed investment analysis, including financial and business revenue modeling, company valuation, due diligence, sell-side tracking, and investment report summaries.
ACHIEVEMENTS & ACTIVITIES
• National Society of Hispanic MBAs Scholar, Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) Fellow
• Executive VP – National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA), Denver Chapter Board (2009-2010)
• Delegate at United Nations sponsored World Congress of Youth in Casablanca, Morocco, 2003
• Skills: Bloomberg, Factset, Shell Scripting, Salesforce CRM, SQL & Access Databases
• Languages: Proficient in French; novice in German, Spanish, Greek, and Chinese (Mandarin)
• Interests: martial arts, cycling, hiking, skiing, soccer, electronic music composition, digital media software