Finance skills with a top New York City investment bank. MBA from #1 college in entrepreneurship and undergraduate in finance and international business. I have built own companies as an entrepreneur, advised many businesses, and created international commodity transactions in minerals, mining, energy, fertilizers, etc.
I built one of New Delhi's few home-delivery of organic food companies, I wrote the investment report and financially advised a footwear manufacturer for two years, and did the project report, promotion, and analysis for a $100 million resort and spa project, gaining approval for a $2.5 million dollar loan based on my negotiations.
I was a Risk Analyst on Hedge Fund products for 4 years at a major NYC investment bank, where I analyzed and risk-managed client multi-million dollar hedge fund investments and dealt directly with the executives and some of the world's most sophisticated and renowned investment funds.
Indlak Capital LLC, a unit of Indlak Group: Jersey City, NJ
November 2009 – Current
Manager –Strategic Consulting & Analytics
Manage all of Indlak Group’s small business consulting and international commodity import/export activities and USA businesses. Grow companies and explore expansion opportunities in areas including mining, power, and agriculture.
• Created the full financial forecast, including ROI analysis regarding an additional property acquisition and full deal offering for the Rashraj Spa and Resorts property and project, for the 36 acre heritage palace property; resulting in a US $2.5 million initial loan offer from a top Indian bank
• Co-founded and currently manage pricing and product selection with Ehsaas Organic, one of New Delhi’s handful of organic food home-delivery companies
• Ehsaas Organic: collaborated with supplying farms, created website/marketing materials, developed product list, and negotiated with suppliers to introduce organic milk in early 2013
• Successfully negotiated a current US $3 million per annum jute bags sale to a Thailand corporation
• Structured operational plan and forecasted financials for the de-commissioning and scrapping of a Philippines power plant valued at US $18 million; discovered inconsistencies that led to removal of a fraudulent party
• Analyzed and promoted a US $35 million debt refinancing for a hydro power plant in northern India
RBC Capital Markets: New York, NY
May 2005 – May 2009
Analyzed individual and portfolio-level risk on hedge fund investments. Built relationships with hedge fund managers and administrators, maintained risk profiles of RBC’s investments, and managed numerous inter-team operations.
• Identified failing hedge funds during a period of extreme volatility in 2008 through stress testing and monitoring of funds’ specific risk levels; helped reduce $12 billion business to $2 billion without bank loss
• Developed structure of an in-house document management system and other technology projects to improve workflow and overall inter-team productivity by over 15% of time spent
• Created risk reports for the Insurance Pension Solutions business and responsible for analyzing subsequent results; revised data output for streamlined management decision-making
• Evaluated transactions related to re-leveraging, management and incentive fee payments, subscriptions, redemptions, and transfers relevant to RBC’s US $3 billion portfolio of hedge funds
• Led team in a fast paced environment under high level expectations from clients and upper management; subsequent training of new members
Johnson & Johnson – Centocor: Chesterbrook, PA
January - July 2004
Research & Development – Corporate Finance Full Time Co-op
Provided budget/forecast support, headcount capacity analysis, and clinical site fee settlements on a monthly basis. Tracked, addressed, and reviewed company-wide transactions on a monthly basis. Executed ad hoc projects as needed.
• Earned the Johnson & Johnson Star Award for overall performance excellence
• Assembled historical baseline data for financial analysis on a license enhancement project
• Framed FDA-required financial investigation procedure; ensuring no financial bias in clinical trial results
• Executed and documented work procedures for future departmental use, significantly reducing training time
BABSON COLLEGE, F.W. OLIN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, Wellesley, MA
Master of Business Administration, May 2010
THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SMEAL COLLEGE OF BUSINESS, State College, PA
Bachelor of Science in Finance and International Business, May 2005
The Flow 4ward Foundation: Co-founder & CFO
January 2007 – January 2009
• Co-founded a pro-bono company that develops non-profit brand equity via fundraising and marketing events
World In Conversation Project (Formerly Race Relations Project): Senior Facilitator
August 2004 – May 2005
Application proficiencies: MS Excel/Word/Powerpoint expert, Adobe Photoshop, & Illustrator
Languages: Fluent Spanish (spoken/written) and fluent Hindi (spoken)