After pursuing my BFA in Graphic Communications from the University of Houston in 2000, I have been working as a graphic designer for over 13 years with local and international clients. My creative talent, technical skill and marketing knowledge produce innovative and powerful communications that yield dramatic results in both online and print. I am versatile, well-rounded, have a keen sense of market trends, and a creative eye for color, typography and space – all while keeping customer satisfaction as my primary goal.
Celebrate Design, L.L.C.,
8.2006 – Present
Graphic Designer/Owner Freelance graphic design business venture-specializing in print and web design outsourced from in-house graphic design departments, graphic design firms and local clients. Clients include industries like Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Construction, and Sales. Projects are taken from concept to completion, working within budget and client’s timeframes, while providing superior customer service and high impact, results driven graphic design.
Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift of America,
1.2005 – 8.2006
Marketing Communications Graphic Design Supervisor Lead and coordinated multi-tasked teams to concept, direct and produce online and print marketing programs, while trafficking all jobs. Evaluated and elevated skill levels of team personnel. Identified vendors and managed freelance designers.
4.2002 – 1.2005 Marketing Communications Coordinator
• Manage the creative development of integrated marketing communications materials designed to meet prescribed corporate goals and objectives.
• Design, develop and implement creative platforms that communicate and drive brand specific marketing and sales support initiatives.
• Oversee, maintain and police corporate brand standards compliance across all creative materials generated internally and externally.
• Design and produce corporate marketing communications and sales support collateral in traditional (print) environments and in technological (web site) environments. Materials to include advertisements, direct mail, product sales literature, web site design, web site content, newsletters, posters, point-of-sale items and other brand specific materials as requested.
• Develop brand specific marketing communications materials in concert with corporate dealer/distributor efforts to maximize the sell-through of products and services. • Provide design and development expertise to internal departments and corporate business units in the development of single brand and multiple brand efforts.
• Manage external design firms, advertising agencies, program implementation organizations and other suppliers in the development and distribution of marketing, advertising, sales support and promotional materials.
• Administer budgets for all internally and externally produced materials.
• Maintain electronic library of all project and photography files. Establish and maintain systems for archiving files that can easily be retrieved.
Luminant Worldwide Corporation, Houston, TX 8.2000 – 7.2001
Team environment in which I designed look and feels for Fortune 500 companies' corporate websites and intranet portals. Worked closely with art directors, information architects, copywriters and builders to obtain and create the best possible solution for each client. Designed and produced inhouse print collateral and marketing/shareholder documents.
Houston, TX 5.2000 – 8.2000
Worked with senior designer and art director to produce print graphics such as logos, corporate identities, package design,
invitations, and advertising. Also created look and feels for corporate websites.
Assisted designers with print production work, created logos, corporate identities and advertising projects. Also managed portfolio updates, and assisted with clerical and receptionist duties.
John MaGee Design, Houston, TX
12.2001 – 4.2002
Senior Graphic Designer
The Daily Court Review, Houston, TX
11.2001 – 12.2001
Deloitte & Touche, Houston, TX
8.2001 – 10.2001
University of Houston, Houston, TX
BFA in Graphic Communications
Minor in Art History
Magna *** Laude (GPA 3.8)
College of the Mainland,
Texas City, TX
AA in Graphic Arts
Magna *** Laude
SKILLS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark Express, Acrobat, Streamline, Microsoft Office/ Powerpoint, Pagemaker, and some Flash. Other skills: Prepress, Web Design, Audio/Visual Presentation Design, Brand Management, Logo Development, Illustration, Conceptual Design, Print Production Processes, Color Calibration, File Compression and Digital File Transfer, Mac platform, PC Platform, Large Format Printing, Scanner Software, Digital Photography
Some intro skills in Sharepoint, HTML and Dreamweaver