Here it is in the email body, Roch. Sorry for the trubb.
Jerome F. LaMartina
7505 Goddard St., Apt. 1
Shawnee, KS 66214
· Critical thinking, writing and editing for the Web and print
· Accuracy, speed and thoroughness
· Planning, organization and teamwork
· People skills, humor and creativity
Freelance writer 2010-present
Worked for variety of clients, including theLos Angeles Business Journal andAnthem Publishing Inc.
Ingram’s – Kansas City, Mo. 2010
Edited and verified copy for project related to magazine’s Web site upgrade.
KCFreePress.com – Kansas City, Mo. 2009-2010
Reported and wrote local business news stories and shot video.
Web editor/Web coordinator
The Kansas City Business Journal – Kansas City, Mo. 2001-2009
· Reported, wrote and posted news stories across all beats for newspaper’s Web site. Processed and posted photos, graphics and video with stories.
· Assigned and edited staff print reporters’ stories for Web.
· Rebuilt news section of Web site’s homepage as news dictated.
· Reported and wrote news stories for print.
· Assisted in proof-reading weekly print ROP stories.
· Posted weekly print stories, photos and graphics on Web.
BizSpace Inc. – Kansas City, Mo. 2000-2001
· Edited, reported, wrote and posted news stories on several technical Web sites.
· Supervised and edited assistant editor.
· Supervised and edited freelance writers and guest columnists.
· Planned, assigned, helped write and edited monthly special reports.
IndustryClick Corp. – Kansas City, Mo. 1999-2000
· Edited news stories from wire services, reported and rewrote as necessary and posted onMediaCentral.com Web site.
· Reported, wrote and posted original news stories.
· Edited and posted associate editor’s stories.
· Edited and posted staff’s feature stories.
· Served as backup for news editor.
· Edited and helped write monthly special-section stories for MediaCentral and its sister Web site, MarketingClick.com.
The Kansas City Star – Kansas City, Mo. 1988-1999
Editor, StarTouch (The Star’s telephone news service) 1996-1999
· Wrote and edited scripts and announced on StarTouch news and information lines.
· Wrote blurbs and directories for newspaper to promote lines.
· Recorded, edited and excerpted audio of news events.
· Processed audio and updated pages on The Star’s Web site.
· Monitored daily and long-range news budgets for audio applications for StarTouch andThe Star’s Web site.
· Used recording equipment to edit and excerpt information and music.
· Wrote monthly reports on public’s use of system.
· Programmed lines and maintained system’s computer.
· Troubleshot technical and users’ problems with system.
· Managed vendor relations.
· Taught staff, outside clients and general public to use system.
Copywriter/production assistant, StarTouch 1991-1996
· Same essential duties as StarTouch editor, minus overall departmental responsibility, RealAudio work for Web site and vendor-relations management. Wrote follow-up stories to StarTouch questions and helped create projects for StarFax, StarTouch’s fax-on-demand service.
The Star’s Business, Travel and Star Magazine sections 1991-1996, 1999
Wrote features, book reviews and special-sections stories for Business. Wrote stories for Travel and Star Magazine.
Clerk/reporter, Business 1989-1991
Covered convention beat, wrote general-assignment stories and wrote three regular features on rotating schedule. Wrote nine weekly business features totaling about 200 column inches, mostly agate. Filled in for other clerk/reporter.
Obituary writer 1988-1989
Took information from funeral homes and family members by telephone and fax. Wrote obits according to The Star’s stylebook guidelines. Verified information with source books and verbatim with family members. Wrote news stories on accidental deaths.
Advertising service representative 1988
Processed orders for ads originated by account executives. Searched files for old ads and artwork to complete new ads. Verified information and sent ads to composing room. Marked newspaper to record ad schedules. Filed, typed and answered telephone. Trained in Data entry.
· Member, Society of American Business Editors and Writers 2001-2009
· Member, board member and treasurer, Kansas City Press Club (local professional chapter of the national Society of Professional Journalists) 1999-2007
· Completed Master Web Designer Certificate program, January-April 2010, Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, Kan.
· NewsEdit Pro
· In-house Web editing software
· Microsoft Word and Excel
· Dewar word processing
· Brite VoicePrint audiotext
· RealAudio (CoolEdit)
· Audio-recording studio and field recording equipment.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies (Mass Media), University of Missouri-Kansas City.
References available on request.