Jerome V. Marshall
Experience with the full range of product design functions including: drafting in a wide variety of domains (HVAC, civil, electrical, P&ID, architectural, mechanical, electro-mechanical, etc.), programming and product support. Experienced with technical writing including: installation and modification instructions. Familiar with various design tools including AutoCAD products and some computer programming. Worked medical tooling that included geometric tolerances design. Broad experience: creating bill of materials (BOM); assembly, isometric and perspective drawings; and maintaining engineering change notices (ECNs). Excellent written and verbal communication skills from working with engineers, customers and vendors. I’m a very detail oriented individual, proficient in AutoCAD and MS Office (Word and Excel).
• Identified the need for a more efficient and effective process of controlling inspections and tracking results. Developed automated procedures in excel.
• Completed full design specifications for dozens of products in a variety of different application domains.
• Supported product distribution by creating users manuals, configuration control and installation procedures.
2013-2013 Quality Project Management - Tustin, CA - Drafter
• Working with surveyors mark-ups in developing proposed design/escalation review packages.
• Generate budget reports.
• Using Adobe Acrobat, AutoCad, Excel and Word.
2006-2010 Carollo Engineers - Fountain Valley, CA - Cad Technician
• Drafted designs for mechanical, electrical, architectural, civil, HVAC, and structural applications.
• Used design/drafting support applications Microstation V8 XM and AutoCad R2005 software's.
• Implemented revisions and drafted up new designs from engineering sketches and verbal instructions. • Worked As-Built drawings.
2004-2005 Thermasol Steam Bath Company - Simi Valley, CA - Drafter/Technical Writer
• Sheet metal drafting and design using AutoCAD (some in 3D).
• Drafted new electro-mechanical products and revised earlier product design.
• Generated installation instructions using MS Word.
• Performed document control.
• Printed new and existing drawings and documents, filing them into cabinets.
2001-2004 Regent Aerospace Corporation - Valencia, CA - Drafter/Technical Writer
• Drafted new mechanical product design including some sheet metal applications using AutoCAD.
• Supported product upgrades.
• Wrote modification instructions, uploading digital photos per document.
• Worked closely with a federal aviation administration delegated engineering representative (FAA DER).
• Performed fire test procedures on self-extinguishing materials.
1991-1994 Fluor Daniel - Irvine, CA - Designer I
• Created Blueprints, working and detailed drawings of structural steel and reinforced concrete design.
• Generated new drawings with use of existing drawings and engineering sketches.
• Used various software tools including: ModelDraft 3D, Microstation 2D, and Auto-CAD w/Autolisp programming applications.
1987-1989 Universal Molding Company - Lynwood, CA - Drafter/Programmer
• Designed tooling of roll, crop, and punch dies including sheet metal applications.
• Designed and manufactured flying cut-off saw and countersink machines.
• Used various software tools including: AutoCAD and Bruning 2D.
• Performed computer numerical control (CNC) programming for lathe and electric discharge machine (EDM) using Ultrapath and Encore software's .
2000-2001 Computer Learning Center - Anaheim, CA - Computer Programming
• Translate business processes into flowcharts and pseudo code.
• Use structured programming techniques to process files, manipulate data and debug code.
• Write, compile and execute ANSI programs.
• Use object-oriented programming design techniques to create, compile and run C++ programs.
• Develop Windows applications using Microsoft Visual Basic.
• Formulate and test queries with SQL.
• Design a relational database (ACCESS) for a client/server system using entity-relationship, modeling and normalization.
1985-1986 Balin Institute of Technology - Anaheim, CA - Associate in Applied Sciences
• Mechanical, electro-mechanical, and electronic (hybrid and multi-layer printed circuit board) design drafting.
• Trigonometry, algebra and descriptive geometry.
• ANSI standard 14.5 M1982 and geometric tolerances.
• Applicon 3D and Prime, Medusa 2D software's.