Man Ho, Herman
My objective is to see the 100 wonders of the world before I turn 100
Enthusiastic self-starter - Drive to succeed - Creative, practical and detail-oriented
I am a freelance Chinese (Cantonese) interpreter in the doctor's office for non-speaking English patient.
Customer Service Skills
Store Operator, eCosway a network retailing store. I trained new recruits, product knowledge, and organized events
within store, and to target monthly sales goal. Sales volume in 2012 was $500,000. January 2012 - August 2013
Server, Tea Box Cafe, Takashimaya New York (store closed June 2010) http://www.takashimaya-ny.com, 2006 – 2010
Takashimaya is one of the finest retail stores in Japan. This location was at 5th Avenue, the busiest and most
well-known avenue in the world. Speed and customer service are top priorities at this once iconic store.
Sales Associate (part-time), Uniqlo December 2006 - December 2010
Medical Records, Gastroenterology, April 2011 – October 2011
- Pulling/updating/matching patients’ charts and results
- Verify patients’ insurance before visits and procedures.
Medical Records, Medical Associates Of New York, February – August 2010
- Update patients’ medical records/charts, fax/mail medical records as requested by doctors and patients, and billing.
Museum Assistant, Thomas Edison Museum Menlo Park, New Jersey http://www.menloparkmuseum.com 2007 - 2008
• - Assisted museum’s Director/Curator in daily operations of the museum
• - Compiled visitors' sign in sheets into monthly report
• - Displayed new exhibits and updated museum's inventory
• - Coordinated school and group tours with Curator
• - Photographed events for museum’s archives
Senior Producer, Xpress Multimedia (A Division of Xpress Print Pte Ltd, Singapore) 2000 - 2001
- Conceptualized video/multimedia project(s) for its corporate clients around Asia
- Supported the print, multimedia and sales departments at the corporate office
- Assisted Senior Sales Manager to pitch new video jobs to clients
Producer, Wordview Media (subsidiary of Worldview Foundation in Sri Lanka) 1995 - 1997
Desktop Publisher, Montgomery Ward Chicago 1989 - 1992
Other Job Skills
• Cantonese Interpreter (freelance), Geneva Worldwide, Inc., Present
• Cases include children’s welfare and medical translation.
• Intrepreter (Cantonese), Lanartco Inc 2008
Niki Sushi (server), World Financial Center
Fusha Asian Fusion Restaurant, (server) Upper East Side
Sushi Sen-nin, (server/cashier) Midtown
• Columbia College Chicago, Illinois Bachelor of Arts in Television Production GPA 3.5/4, 1992
• Course work include critical writing for television, studio and field productions
• New York University, New York Certificate in Multi-media Technology, 2000
• Course work include Macromedia Director, Flash, Dreamweaver, AfterEffects and HTML
• Proficient in Microsoft Words and Excel, and Photoshop 2010
- 34th Annual International Cindy Competition, New Orleans, Louisiana - Cindy Silver
- Columbia College 9th Annual Video Competition - First Place (single camera)
- ACET/EBEC International Student Media Awards, Orlando, Florida - Honorable Mention
- Recipient of Television Student Production Assistance Fund (TELSPA) from Columbia College (2 years in a row)
- Film/Video Arts Minority Scholarship
English, Chinese (Cantonese, and basic Mandarin), Bahasa and basic Japanese.