Summary of Qualifications
• Efficiently multitasked with 11+ years of administrative experience in small business sector and state government division.
• Created databases of customer information and sales, which included graphs to depict which manufactures was top selling within the sales year.
• Excellent communication skill, having firsthand experience with customer service and calling customer service representatives, managing complications with special orders.
• Dependable assistant for CEO of company with ten years’ experience in writing professional documents and letters, maintaining files, calculating pending income into the company every month, following up on customers’ orders per CEO’s request, and taking messages and making phones calls for CEO.
• Punctuality, never falling short of making a deadline.
Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint/ Editing and Writing Professional Documents/ Customer Service/ Organizational/ Multitasking/ Interpersonal/Data Input/Research
Dunnrite Casual Furniture Inc. Sykesville, MD 2003- Current
• Created the Customer Base List on Microsoft Excel, which incorporated customer information and what was purchased starting from years 2003 to the present.
• These lists included graphs visually showing which outdoor manufactures sold the most during the fiscal year. This information was given to the company’s advertiser to help determine which brands to promote the most in upcoming advertisements.
• The Customer Base List assisted in customer service work. If a customer lost their receipt, the company’s computer network kept record of sales contract number, as well as the manufacturer that was purchased. Many times, finding the information of the manufacture alone on the computer saved time in resolving certain issues.
• Provide monthly balances to CEO of pending sales that have yet to be paid in full.
• Update main files, where current sales contracts are located, making sure orders that have been completed are removed to the files that contain completed orders.
• Provide manager and CEO with a printed out update of the orders that are still pending and ones that are complete, updating the company’s network files.
• Conducted research in patio furniture and fireplace industries for CEO.
• Customer Service, following up with both CEO and customers’ requests of status updates on special orders.
• Diminutive sales, including cushions, dinner accessories, hearth accessories, small dinning sets, etc.
• Writing professional letters and documents for CEO, many of which were to resolve disputes with manufactures across the country, some the company has been dealing with for 20+ years.
• Making phone calls and sending out faxes for CEO. Taking direct messages.
City of Mechanicville Public Safety Mechanicville, NY 1999-2002
Day Camp Counselor
• A counselor for a summer day camp program held at the city playground, which provided alternative outdoor activities for at risk children. As a counselor, the main goal was to provide children with emotional needs, as well as self-esteem and competence.
• Held responsibility for the physical safety of a child, as much as their mental and emotional safety. Was certified in First Aid and CPR.
• Engaging in arts and crafts, sports games and other various outdoor recreational activities.
• Helped organize day trips to miniature golf courses, water parks, bowling alleys, roller skating rinks, amusement parks. Also helped organize end of the summer family nights where the children and their families come to the playground to celebrate the success of the program.
New York State Division of Tax Appeals Troy, NY 2001
• Apart of a creative team that developed a search engine for the company’s website. The search engine contained documents of past tax appeals hearings. I converted Microsoft Word Documents into PDF files, editing each document before submitting them to the website. Some of these documents could contain up to one hundred pages or more.
• Filled out petition forms for potential hearings.
• Ushered clients and government officials to meetings and conferences.
• Organized and updated files.
• Answered and transferred phone calls.
• Organized and passed out the mail throughout the office.
• BA in Sociology with a concentration in the Individual and Society SUNY Empire State College Center for Distance Learning Saratoga Springs, NY
• 88 credit hours of training and education of the relationship between the individual and society.
• Was a peer tutor and academic coach for six hours per week
• Academic coach for New Student Program