Bloomington, IN | t: +317.696.1668 | e: email@example.com
Bachelor’s Degree of Arts in Journalism, Minor in Gender Studies
Indiana University Bloomington (Bloomington, IN)
Maps of World, San Jose, California
Freelance Writer 2013
- Publish news articles on world, business, sports, technology and entertainment during weekdays & weekends.
- Research on various World Heritage Sites and create quality content for travel articles on a daily basis.
- Assist in implementing and developing ideas of how to reach a larger audience.
Aparecio Foundation, Chicago, Illinois
Freelance Writer 2013
- Create profile feature articles by interviewing prominent professionals and ambassadors involved in charity work.
Daily News & Analysis, Bangalore, India 2011
- Solicited and covered important events, such as the Bangalore Global Investor’s meeting.
- Determined locations and recognized trends within the community in order to work on relevant articles for the after-hours section of the newspaper.
- Validated story sources by identifying and interviewing top designers & chief executive officers.
- Corrected grammar, edited format and verified facts and quotes in order to ensure stories were concise and fit in the desired space and ready to be printed in the paper.
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India 2011
- Provided diverse arguments in the articles regarding the Indian education system by interviewing educational professionals from India as well as sources from the United States.
Day & Night News, Chandigarh, India 2009 — 2010
- Gathered information, proofread and interviewed the general public in order to write scripts for news anchors.
- Investigated the causes of corruption in India and shared information on what was being done about it.
- Increased public awareness of the unsafe road conditions in the state of Punjab.
Eckim, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Helped top advertisers nationwide to capture the deal sensitive consumer by providing rich content to the network of blogs.
- Researched for ideas using link-building tactics.
- Ensured that photos were edited to fit in the desired space.
- Office Tools & Technology: Microsoft Office Suite, Final Cut Pro, Word Press, Canon G11 Cameras, Audacity, Adobe Audition cs5.5, Photoshop cs5.1
- Foreign Languages: Hindi, Punjabi, French
- Other: AP Style, Customer Service, Advertising, Public Relations, Visual Communication, Copyediting, Science News Writing, Interviewing Scientists, Discovery Reporting, Information Gathering & Dissemination, Fact Checking, Editing, Building Contacts, Deadlines, Writing, News Judgment, Reporting Basics, News Writing, Storytelling, Critical Thinking, Journalism Ethics, Media Law, Photojournalism, Video, Audio, Real-time Reporting, Social Media Engagement, SEO