I have had quite a career ride so far, from television production, to syndication sales, to news anchor/reporter, and finally to advertising sales. All of these jobs required me to write. I want to turn all that experience into another career. Here is a look at that experience.
THOMAS P. KANE
1 Putnam Park Greenwich, CT 06830 (203) 807-1160 firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To earn extra income through my sales and journalism experience
9/10-5/11 Director of Sales
• Secured $100k in new business with Lord & Taylor, I-Home, Thomson-Reuters, New York Structural Steel, Touro College, Time Inc. and Hachette Book Group USA for New York Yankees Official Publications
12/8-6/10 New Business Account Executive
• Secured a year long campaign with Aamco, $200 in new business for the station
• Secured a three month campaign with Levinson-Axelrod, a central New Jersey law firm, $30k in new business for the station
8/6-12/8 New Business Account Executive
• Sold Milea Truck Sales Corp. the value of WFAN, and ultimately an $80k campaign, their first radio schedule
• Sold Duchess Restaurants, a Connecticut-based restaurant chain, the value of WFAN in Fairfield County, and ultimatley multiple $15k campaigns.
• Sold Neutocrete, a Connecticut based crawl space company, on the value of Mike and the Mad Dog, and Imus in the Morning ($30k campaign)
• Sold NY Sportimes, a Wotld Team Tennis entry, a Mike and the Mad Dog campaign, featuring tennis fanatic Chris “Mad dog” russo doing “live” commercials ($5k net schedule)
6/04-8/06 Account Executive
Cablevision Advertising Sales
• Sold Chicken Joe’s, a Cos Cob, Connecticut chicken stand, a $10k campaign. Their spot was a hit with their target audience, high school kids. The campaign helped kick-start the opening of their business.
• Sold Mudrick’s Television and Appliance a trial three month campaign. Seven years later, they are still on the air.
3/99-6/04 News Anchor/Reporter, Sports Anchor/Reporter
KSWT, WSTM, News 12 Connecticut and News 12 Westchester
Sold various specials and series to local stations in 70 markets
Education: B.A. Communications, 1992 – University of Southern California