• Master of Arts in German translation from Kent State University, May 2013
GPA at Kent State University: 3.8.
• B.A. in German Summa *** Laude from Illinois State University, including two semesters in Germany at the University of Marburg. GPA at Illinois State University: 3.9.
• Associates Degree in Horticulture from Illinois Central College GPA at Illinois Central College: 3.0.
Freelance Translator July 2011 - present
• Position - translator. Accurate translation of documents from German to English with attention to detail.
Stoney Creek Landscaping April 2011 - August 2011
• Position - landscaper. Successfully did landscape maintenance and installed landscaping.
Outdoor Creations 2005 - 2008
• Position - landscaping business owner. Successfully sold landscaping, did accounting, and installed landscaping.
Precision Planting 2004 - 2005
• Position - production foreman. Learned valuable leadership skills.
TRANSLATION EXPERIENCE Freelance Translator
• Eleven songs of a pre- 20th century song book.
• Power of attorney from 1800s and will from 21st century
• Website text and spec sheets for light fixtures.
• 61 pages of a diary from 1866.
• Coursework at Kent State University in translation.
• Sermons and letters from 19th century and early 20th century.
• Received 2011-2012 JTG Scholarship from the American Translators Association.
• Made Dean’s List in fall semester 2010 at Illinois State University.
• Received 2009 German alumni scholarship from Illinois State University.
• Student Member of the American Translators Association.
• Member of the Northeast Ohio Translators Association.
• References available upon request.