• Over 10 years experience in web hosting and IT application support.
• Analytical, detail oriented, problem solver with excellent communication skills.
• Ability to resolve complex issues, establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships.
• Recognized for resolving customer issues quickly and to their satisfaction.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Service Delivery & IT Support Project Management
• Performed UAT and Move-To-Production (MTP) software releases with remote teams from various regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific) for the HP Service Desk application.
• Reviewed and analyzed support tickets to indentify root cause and provide a permanent solution.
• Ability to bring escalations to closure by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine root cause and provide resolution.
• Provided L3 support to HP users on SiteMinder, Digital Badge, VeriSign SSL Certificate, IIS, Apache.
• Participated on a 7×24 rotation to provide web hosting and application support to HP users.
• Excellent communication skills to work with cross-functional teams to quickly resolve issues and maximize customer’s satisfaction.
• Familiar with:
o Operating systems: Unix, Windows (2000, 2003)
o Applications: MS Office 2000/2003/2007, Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0/5.0/6.0, Netegrity SiteMinder, VeriSign SSL Certificates, WebTrend Reporting Center, HP OmniBack, BLT/Remedy, HP OpenView (OVSD), HP Service Center, Remote Desktop.
o Hardware: PC configurations/Set-Up, Upgrades & Troubleshooting; Installation of hardware including HP NetRaid/3si controller, HP system 6, HP rack storage 8/12.
Hewlett Packard- Palo Alto, CA March 1998 - Nov 2009
Web Hosting Services Delivery Engineer (Apr. 2000 - Nov. 2009)
• During the EDS acquisition, I worked to migrate the EDS servers to HP’s new data centers located in Texas and Atlanta. I ensured the servers were built to our support standards then hand them over to the application team for application installs.
• The Data Center Consolidation project involves closing 180+ data centers worldwide into 6 major centers. I worked with our partners to ensure the 4000+ servers were built according to our support standards and help HP meets its goal in a timely manner and reduce costs.
• Coordinated with the engineering team to migrate our support database from one application to another; educated the team on utilizing the new application; collaborated with the team to ensure data accuracy when utilizing this new tool.
• Performed code upgrades to both the staging and production environment for the Openview application.
• Provided both mission and non-mission critical application support on both Windows and Apache web servers.
• Implemented, configured, and administered web servers on both Windows and Apache platform.
• Implemented, configured, troubleshot Siteminder Web Agent on Windows and apache web servers.
• Implemented, configured and troubleshot Verisign certificates on Windows and Apache web servers (physical and VMWare based).
• Created, migrated, and eliminated obsolete websites; implemented security on the NTSF and share level; troubleshot on-going technical issues.
IT Specialist / Server Administrator (Mar. 1998 - Apr. 2000)
• Responsible for the coordination of IT services for the department by processing all customer service requests via phone and the on-line tracking system (BLT). Requests are solved or routed to an appropriate service provider.
• On-going training was scheduled with partners (Helpdesk agents and our India counterpart) on appropriate call routing procedures by providing timely information and documentations.
• I provided end user support on the Macintosh operating system and PCs.
• I provided technical support to customers relating to the installations of HP Servers and PC devices (SCSI/IDE devices, memory, CD-ROM, sound cards, etc.).
• I performed backup and restores using the Veritas BackupExec, HP Ominback, and the NT backup utility.
Wagner, Murabito, & Hao April 1997 - March 1998
• Provided end user support on the Macintosh operating system
• Performed computer upgrades when required
• Performed daily backups of an Access database which contained information regarding the status of each patent filed
• Assisted in the filing of new patents
• Performed other administrative related duties
Data Technology Corporation Oct. 1995 - Dec. 1995
Technical Support Engineer
• Provided technical support to customers via phone
• Performed hardware and software compatibility tests
San Jose State University Oct. 1993 - Dec. 1995
School of Business - Computer Lab Consultant / Technical Assistant (Aug. 1994 – Dec. 1995)
• Provided application and OS support to end users
• Upgrading MACs and PCs
• Maintain the network printers and output bins
Computing Information Center – Computer Operator (Oct. 1993 – Aug. 1994)
• Maintained UNIX and VM accounts database
• Provided technical support to students, staff, and faculty
• Assisted with the scheduling of consultants’ hours
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION:
• B.S. Business Administration, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
Concentrations: Management Information System
• IT Infrastructure Library Certified (ITIL), HP Education Center
• WebTrends Reporting Center Administration
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
• Netegrity Siteminder
• Project Management
• Billing & Logistical Tracking System (Remedy)
• HP Service Center
• HP OpenView Service Desk