Professional Journalism Experience
NJ.com, Morristown, NJ (2012 to present)
• General assignment reporter, including municipal, education and police beats.
• Brainstorm story ideas with other reporters and editors.
• Post stories to Web using Movable Type.
• Write, edit and take photos for stories.
• Engage readers through social media — mainly Twitter and Facebook via HootSuite — to grow loyal and interactive readership.
NJBIZ, Somerset, NJ, (2008 to 2012)
Copy/Layout Editor (August 2010 to 2012)
Copy Editor (April 2008 to July 2010)
• Planned, copy edited and designed all sections of the newspaper.
• Wrote for several industry-specific supplements.
• Copy edited daily stories on website.
• Planned, organized and oversaw the workload and assignments of photographer.
PATCH.com (2011 to 2012)
Reporter – freelance
• Covered local governmental boards and local news.
CountryMusicPride.com, (2008 to 2011)
• Uploaded, organized and edited all postings.
• Interviewed performers on upcoming releases.
• Reviewed and critiqued concerts and albums.
• Coordinated with managers and publicists for interviewing top
record label artists.
New Jersey Herald, Newton, NJ, (2007 to 2008)
Copy editor/page designer
• Planned, organized and collaborated with editors and photographers in
successful execution of daily production.
• Garden State Journalists Association:
• First place, feature layout design, "Royal Crush," (2010).
• New Jersey Society of Professional Journalists Excellence in Journalism:
• First place, page design, "Pension Tension," (2010).
• Second place, page design, "Royal Crush," (2010).
• First place, information graphic design, "Making The Grade," (2009).
• Second place, front page layout, "Business and the Back Alley," (2009).
• Second place, front page layout, "A Tale of Two Cities," (2008).
• Second place, deadline reporting, "Locked Out – Lenders Making Flight to Quality," (2008).
B.A. Rutgers University, 2007, Journalism major and Political Science minor.
InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, QuarkXPress, MS Word, HootSuite, Movable Type
Reporter, Press of Atlantic City, Statehouse Bureau, (2006 to 2007).
• Covered the Senate and Assembly, including death penalty legislation and
installation of the state comptroller.
Reporter, Baltimore Examiner, (2006 to 2006).
• Acted as a general assignment reporter, including the education and city hall
Researcher, Rep. Rush Holt (D-West Windsor), NJ, (2005).
• Created profiles to assist congressman with town hall meetings.
College Journalism Experience
Editor-in-Chief, The Observer, (2006 t0 2007).
News Editor, The Observer, (2006 to 2006).
Staff Writer, The Observer, (2005 to 2006).
Contributor, The Montclair Times and The Newark Metro (2006 to 2007).
Collegiate Athletic Activities
Captain, Rutgers University Softball Team, (2004 to 2006).
Member, Rutgers University Softball Team, (2003 to 2006).
Member, Student Athletic Advisory Committee, (2004 to 2007).
• Recipient of the Rutgers University Office of Student Life and Leadership
“Outstanding Management Award” for the Observer, (2007).
• Initiated into Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society, (2006).
• Dean’s List, (2005).
• Student Athlete Academic Award, (2003 to 2007).
• New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC) All-Conference Honors, (2005).
Skiing, photography, guitar and softball.