501 North Vine, Elkhart, IN 46514
1. Five years of photography business experience, lifelong passion for photography.
2. Two years in-classroom experience as a substitute teacher including three long-term assignments (two lasted over 12 weeks).
3. One year in-classroom experience as an In School Suspension Coordinator.
B.A. in Business Management
Indiana Tech, College of Professional Studies, Elkhart, IN
High School Diploma
Elkhart Memorial High School, Elkhart, IN
Career History & Accomplishments
Owner, Brownewell Photography.
Designed marketing materials such as websites, business cards, direct mailings, and brochures using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
Designed photo albums for customers using Adobe Photoshop.
Trained four additional photographers to assist in wedding photography.
Managed the day to day business of owning a company including performing work, bookkeeping, marketing, and client meetings.
Developed new product lines such as single and multi-row interactive demonstrations for the Internet to stay competitive in the global market.
Created new techniques to increase the speed of digitizing large collections of insects for the Internet.
Registered as a government contractor.
ISS Coordinator (Elkhart Central High School), Elkhart Community School System
1. Improved the average number of assignments from less than one assignment per student to over three assignments per student.
2. Improved student assignment completion from 35% my first week to over 80% by the end of the year.
3. Saw a decrease in the average number of students assigned to ISS from 18 per day down to 12 per day.
4. Employed creative methods to control students while boosting productivity and lowering disciplinary issues.
5. Created a program which, when followed, will continue to yield positive results.
Substitute Teacher, Elkhart Community School System
1. Two long-term positions lasting 12 weeks or more including one Introduction to Photography class. This position placed me in charge of five classes which involved teaching basic photography focusing composition, technique, and fundamental camera operations.
2. One long term assignment lasting over four weeks in which the teacher quit, making me responsible for all lesson plans, tests, assignments, labs, and materials to be used to teach the Indiana State Curriculum.
3. Graded papers, held parent-teacher conferences, designed lesson plans, tests, assignments, and labs.
4. Led and managed classroom discussions.
5. Completed the necessary daily paperwork including attendance reports, disciplinary reports, departmental records, and progress tracking.
USDA: Agricultural Research Service
United States Curling Association
Kalamazoo Wings Stadium
Northern Indiana Center for History
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, South Bend Chapter
March of Dimes, Elkhart and South Bend Chapters
Elkhart Memorial High School (local high school)