I'm an operations and logistics enthusiast with a penchant for grammar correction. Having experience in various industries from education to real estate, natural products, health, skin care and retail, I've mastered the skills of proof reading, editing and drafting communication pieces that maintain the integrity of the intended message. Below is a snapshot of my resume, in which you will have a brief glimpse of the experience and skills that color my writing:
Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 2015
Master of Business Administration, Focus Area: Operations Strategy Consulting
University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Maryland 2000
Bachelor of Science, Economics
Merit Scholar, Dean’s List
Bancroft Elementary School, Washington, DC 9/2009 – 8/2013
Director of Operations.
• Direct and monitor financial management systems including $3M site budget, student
activities fund, banking, and accounts payable; Maintain accurate records and reports for
all avenues of spending.
• Collaborate with Administrative Team to ensure alignment of school budget with academic
goals and program plans. Inform stakeholders of current and forecast spending.
• Control procurement to ensure students and staff are well-equipped to meet educational
goals through the purchase and monitoring of supplies, equipment and training.
• Coordinate space reservation, repairs and maintenance school community events and
• Provide professional development for staff in alignment with HR and finance policies,
student discipline protocol and property management; Plan and execute staff appreciation
celebrations and gifts
• Manage daily site operations including supervising staff, food services, security
personnel, office aides and instructional aides; Monitor staff attendance and allocate
substitute teacher coverage and classroom support.
• Founding committee member of the Business Managers’ Collective – an organization
serving as the voice of DC Public School Business Managers to voice concerns, link to
professional development and provide standard operating procedures
• Initiated and maintained student programs in support of school-wide initiatives, such as
the Breakfast Brigade and Quarterly Awards.
Maya Angelou PCS-Middle School, Washington, DC 4/2006 – 9/2009
Founding Business Manager
• Developed and managed daily site operations for a school in its start-up phase, which
included supervising staff, food services, security personnel, office aides and instructional
aides; Monitor staff attendance and allocate substitute teacher coverage and classroom
• Conducted two organization moves, including construction and renovation oversight of
both, building/facility readiness and start-up inventory in a one year period
• Designed, reviewed and implemented emergency procedures and evacuations
• Implemented student incentive programs, including student accounts, school store,
outings, and activities.
• Facilitated event planning components such as logistics, marketing and content, for
professional development, Family Night, field trips and staff retreats.
• Managed property financing and logistics, including inventory accounting, audits, rotation
• Managed HR and personnel systems including payroll, leave, benefits, background
checks, keys, personnel records, staff recruitment and interviewing
Clothesline Settlements, Rockville, Maryland 9/2003 – 3/2006
• Trained incoming funding clerks and cross trained employees from marketing and closing
• Conducted oversight of satellite offices in the disbursement of financing in conjunction
with real estate funding
• Monitored and reviewed funding clerks and files in preparation for full disbursement to
ensure fidelity of process and timely closure.
• Served as the interdepartmental liaison linking marketing, closing and research
departments to the funding department.
Roots Market , Clarksville, MD 10/2000 – 9/2003
Head Buyer/Department Manager
• Core member of store management team – monitored and maintained daily operations,
financial reporting and customer service.
• Created standard operations manual for point of sale operations.
• Conducted on-boarding and training of customer service hires
• Researched and tested potential products for alignment with core beliefs and values as
well as customer need
• Provided customer-friendly information in relation to natural products, skin care and health
• Generated sales and traffic to increase profitability through merchandising, advertising and
• Initiated client retention program
• Grant Review Specialist, Office of Women’s Health
• Certified Food Handler’s license, Administration of Medication certification
• Proficient in PeopleSoft, PASS (DC Gov Procurement System),SOAR (DC Gov Budget
System), SmartFind Express, Quickbooks, and Blue Bear Schoolbooks.
• Coordinated and executed events for part-time women MBA students, which included The
Girls’ Gamble – an instructional poker night.
• Represented part-time students at the SAWMBA Women in Business Symposium and
• Coached and developed sales staff