Certified E-Learning Design and Development Specialist, August, 2009
Southwest Georgia Technical College, Thomasville, Georgia
Specialization: Design, development and implementation of courses for use in the Angel course management system.
Master in Family Studies, March, 1995
Mercer University, Macon, Georgia
Specialization: Marriage and Family Therapy
Clinical Internship Location: Middle Georgia Alcohol & Drug Clinic
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, August, 1986
Kennesaw State University, Marietta, Georgia
Psychology Instructor, Central Georgia Technical College, 2002-Present.
• Provide classroom and online instruction for students in the following courses: Basic Psychology, Introductory Psychology, Human Growth and Development, Academic Survival Skills, and Interpersonal Relations and Professional Development.
• Developed and implemented five online courses for use in the Blackboard and Angel course management systems.
• Summer Quarter 2009: Web-enhanced all face-to-face courses using the Angel course management system.
• Strive to provide quality learning experiences to students through the use of active learning strategies.
• Coauthored textbook, Journey into Psychology, for Horizon Textbook Publishing.
• Revamped Academic Survival Skills course, a 5-hour elective to help students with effective stress management, life skills, and study/test taking skills.
• Present workshops on Healthy Diet, Stress Management, and Learning Styles to faculty and staff.
• Provide one-on-one assistance and tutoring to students by request.
• Nominated in 2006 for the Rick Perkins Award for Excellence in Teaching.
• Serve on committees:
o Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
o General Education Advisory Committee
o Library Advisory Committee
o Biotechnology Advisory Committee
o E-Learning Advisory Committee, Student Representative (Southwest Georgia Technical College)
Community Education Director for HODAC’s Victim Resource Center, Warner Robins, Georgia (1999-2002).
• Conducted in-depth trainings and brief speaking engagements on violence against women, crime victimization, and violence prevention for organizations, businesses, agencies and church groups.
• Served as editor of The Voice of Advocacy, the newsletter for HODAC’s Victim Resource Center.
• Wrote and published news articles on crime victimization in The Houston Home Journal and The Leader Tribune.
• Participated in television and radio interviews to promote advocacy for crime victims.
• Presented seminar on Care for the Caregiver: Burnout Prevention Strategies for the Helping Professional to the Georgia Association for Community Care Providers during the Summer, 1999 Conference at Lake Lanier, Georgia. This seminar was also presented on March 8, 2001 at a conference entitled “Breaking the Silence: The Journey to Peace”, sponsored by the Women’s Resource Center of the University of Alabama.
• Presented seminar on Elder Abuse to the Georgia Association for Community Care Providers during the Summer, 2000 Conference in Savannah, Georgia.
• Informational programs on the topics of Caregiver Self-care and Childhood ****** Abuse presented to Preceptor Beta Zeta Sorority were voted Program of the Year for 2000 and 2001.
• Secured funds for a domestic violence awareness project through a grant program sponsored by Target.
• Facilitated support group for ****** Assault Victims for HODAC’s Victim Resource Center.
• Compassion Fatigue Specialist – counseled professionals in prevention of/recovery from burnout and secondary traumatization.
• Community Mental Health/Public School System: Eleven years experience providing direct therapeutic services to individuals, families and groups using a family systems approach.
• Participated as a member of a treatment team with psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, therapists, and registered nurses.
• Extensive experience and training in crisis intervention, substance abuse treatment, adult mental health counseling, family therapy, and therapeutic education.
2002-Present Central Georgia Technical College
1999-2002 HODAC’s Victim Resource Center, Warner Robins, Georgia
1998-1999 Macon Technical Institute, Macon, Georgia
1996-1998 River Edge Behavioral Health Center, Macon, Georgia
1991-1996 Community Mental Health Center of Middle Georgia, Dublin, Georgia
1988-1990 Heart of Georgia Psychoeducational Center, Dublin, Georgia