MARQUELL TERRON WHITE
1519 Eleanor Street, Savannah, GA 31415; 912-323-1353;firstname.lastname@example.org
I am seeking a responsible and challenging position that will utilize my extensive background, education, expand my knowledge, and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
SUMMARY OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Customer Service
• Interface Well With The Public
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Set, Meet Deadlines/Goals
• Inventory Control
• Knowledge Of Windows
• Hazardous Material Awareness & Operations Certified
• Emergency Vehicle Operations Certificate
• Public Relations
• Detail/Efficiency Oriented
• Record Keeping
• Photography/ Graphic Designing
• Fork Lift Operator
• Jockey Truck Operator
• Straight Truck Driver
• CPR Certified
• First Responder Certification
• P.O.S.T Certified
• TWIC Card
Tift College, Forsyth, Georgia, 2010 Basic Correction Officer Training, Graduate w/ Leadership Award for Cadet that demonstrated the most Leadership
Savannah State University, Savannah, Georgia, 2005 Majored in Business Management/Accounting
Johnson & Wales University, North Miami, Florida, 2004 Majored in Sports, Entertainment & Event Management
Alfred Ely Beach High School, Savannah, Georgia, 2003 Graduate College Prep Diploma
6/2007- Present Laborer
Int. Longshoreman Association Local 1414, Savannah., GA
• Warehouse/Dockside Safety Regulator
• Loading/Unloading Ships & Trucks
• Forklift Driver
• Jockey Truck Driver
• Ensure accurate movement of materials
• Ensure proper stocking of inventory
• Sort material by destination
• Ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper location
• Check incoming freight for damage, and note damages
• Responsible for the picking and issuing of material
• Move material from one stocking location to another
• Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required
• Responsible for material/aisle accuracy in assigned areas
1/2010- 3/2012 Correction Officer
Coastal State Prison, Garden City, GA
• Assisted in the receiving or discharging of inmates.
• Assured that inmates are searched, bathed, clothed, and assigned to cells.
• Confined and released inmates from cells and monitored inmates’ activities.
• Drove a County vehicle to transport and escort inmates to and from medical facilities and other locations.
• Patrolled on foot, the internal and external perimeters of the institution and making periodic inspections of conditions.
• Enforced rules and regulations governing the conduct of visitors.
• Examined packages to be received by inmates.
• Used appropriate self-defense tactics to deflect assault by inmates.
• Administered CPR and first aid.
• Investigated and handled emergencies and disorders within the Department of Corrections.
• Prepared routine reports and records.
• Kept inventory of various items.
• Attended State mandated training to achieve and maintain correctional officer certification.
• Assisted in training new officers and performed other related duties as required.
12/2009- 03/2010 Firefighter Trainee
Savannah Fire & Emergency Services, Savannah, GA
• Assisted in responding to fire alarms in a company
• Laid out and connected hoses, raised and climbed ladders
• Directed the suppressants to extinguish fires
• Performed emergency lifesaving activities
• Salvaged and preserved property to minimize fire loss
• Performed clean-up activities after fire suppression.
• Assisted in the inspection of commercial and residential properties for fire hazards
• Advised and solicited cooperation of property owners and inhabitants to rectify hazardous conditions
• Participated in fire drills in hospitals, schools, and other high risk structures
• Assisted in servicing, cleaning, and testing firefighting equipment and property to ensure proper working order;
• Performed general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire department facilities.
• Assisted in the operation of assigned equipment
• Assisted in inspecting and checking the conditions of fire hydrants, standpipes, and water supply sources.
• Performed other related duties as assigned.
• Coached and develop externship students
07/2008- 06/2009 Truck Driver
Classic Party Rentals, Savannah, GA
• Operated vehicles ranging from small pick up truck to 24' box trucks, both manual and automatic transmission.
• Executed assigned routes in a timely and efficient manner using supplied invoices.
• Managed 2 - 4 crew members in the installation of tents and several other party rental equipment.
• Responsible for accurate processing of paper work,
• Accounted for inventory on delivery and pick up, and ensure all equipment is handled in the correct and proper fashion.
• Communicated with customers for delivery.
• Performed analytical and problem solving skills.
• Performed Strong sense of integrity and ethics.
• Performed Safety consciousness.
• Performed work that was routine and with detailed instructions.
• Ensured housekeeping in work area and complied with all company safety regulations.
06/2005- 05/2012 Office Manager/Production Chief/Asst. Photographer
D&D Media Group, Savannah, GA
• Maintained all aspects of office functions as an assistant manager.
• Provided historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Maintained office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
• Designed and implemented office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards and making necessary adjustments.
• Kept ownership informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports, summarizing information, and identifying trends.
• Achieved financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
• Assisted with camera work for documentaries or independent film.
• Filmed television programs, commercials and music videos from a studio or a set in a fixed location.
• Handled the clapboard, load film magazines, and fill out camera report sheets.
• Take promotional pictures.
• Edit shots, removed red eye, resize, and crop pictures as needed.
• Use software to manipulate photos
2003-2005 Customer Service Representatives
SITEL Corporation, Savannah, GA
• Answered a high volume of calls
• Maintained customer accounts
• Lead in helping employees boost their sales and monitoring call center floor
REFERENCES FURNISHED UPON REQUEST