I am a recent college graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Creative Writing. The job market is tough right now and I'm trying to find ways to make money any way I can. One of the skills that I really got a chance to hone over my college career was proofreading - both of my own work, and of my fellow student's work as well. If you need a proofreader for something you've written, I'm there!
Here is my Resume:
Creative and passionate, skilled in writing, active reading/listening, constructive critique, and grammar. Looking to enter a field of work that will involve working with writing in order to begin and further my career within the writing field.
Southern Vermont College, Bennington, VT August 2007 – May 2011
Major: Creative Writing / Minor: Visual Art GPA: 3.51, Provosts List Fa07, Sp08, Sp09, Fa10
Degree: Bachelor of Arts Graduated with Magna *** Laude
Skills &/or Relevant Courses
• Advanced Writing Workshops (fiction and poetry) ; Performance and Publication; A Writer's View; Theories of Writing; Advanced Word Processing and Desktop Publishing; Topics in Non-Western Art; Visual Design Concepts; Basic Painting; Watercolor Painting
SVC Library, Bennginton, VT Aug 2007 – May 2011
Work Study Librarian
• Managed the front desk, answered calls, assisted students, re-shelved books
• Utilized Dewey Decimal system.
Lowes, Woonsocket, RI June 2009 – August 2009
• Worked front registers, kept front area tidy, rung out customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
Blackstone Animal Shelter, Blackstone, MA July 2004 – Aug 2007
• Cleaned cages and play-and-live room, fed and socialized animals
• Interacted with patrons in a friendly and outgoing manner when they visited the shelter.
Member, Alpha Chi Honor Society April 2011-Present
Member, SVC Mad Hatters Drama Club Aug 2007- May 2011
• Production Technician: help other technicians with directing, handling cues and props
Member, SVC Japanese Culture and Animation Club Aug 2007- May 2011
• Participate in club activities, assist in fund raising.
Participant, SVC Humanities Festival 2007, ‘08, ‘09, ‘10
• Assist in set up, showcase work.
Participant, SVC Advanced Writing Workshop Readings 2008, ’09, ‘10
• Present writing to a public audience.
Participant, SVC Creative Writing Contest 2007, 09