Creative, versatile marketing/advertising executive with a diverse background and extensive experience in account management, direct mail creation, marketing communications, copywriting/editing, public relations and new business development. A strong communicator with excellent written and oral presentation skills. Extensive interaction with senior management, clients, and prospects as a strategic team member.
InVentiv Therapeutics Institute, Somerset, NJ Feb 2012- July 2012
Senior Director, Communications
Responsible for planning, development, implementation, and measuring the success of all of iTI’s marketing strategies and planning marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
· Implemented business development support materials (collateral, selling decks, newsletters)
· Coordinated iTI’s communications at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions and operating divisions of inVentiv Health
· Developed short-and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations programs and its activities
For two years prior to position at inVentiv Health, I worked at five well-known pharmaceutical Advertising Agencies as an Account Supervisor on consecutive contract assignments. In each case I was able to take ownership of assigned projects from concept to completion and was the key contact between Agency and Client. The Agencies I worked at and my assigned brands were:
ICC-LOWE,Parsippany, NJ March 2011-June 2011
Vyvanse- Managed POA deliverables for SHIRE ADHD drug
PACE, Parsippany, NJ Sept 2010-March 2011
Nexavar (Global/US) – Supported RCC/HCC deliverables for Bayer/Onyx co-promote
Harrison and Star, NYC, NY March 2010-Sept 2010
Genentech BioOncology Pipeline –Aided team in preparation of ASCO deliverables
Tasigna (nilotinib) – Supported global launch of Novartis drug for frontline treatment of CML
DRAFTFCB, NYC, NY Sept 2009-Feb 2010
Ipilimumab (Global/US) – Supported launch of BMS drug for metastatic melanoma
Relpax – Supported managed care efforts for Pfizer drug for migraine
· Responsible for day-to-day efforts on behalf of the brand
Commonhealth, Parsippany, NJ April 2009-Sept 2009
LEUKINE (sagramostim) – Managed transition of brand core promotional pieces following Bayer HealthCare’s licensing of oncology franchise to Genzyme
· Prescreened materials for promotional review process
· Conducted weekly meetings with brand team to facilitate changes to core materials and ensured the action items of these meetings were executed
· Supervised day-to-day efforts on behalf of the brand
· Ensured total quality control of final output
Femring (estradiol acetate ******* ring) – Developed BRC/sampling program for women’s healthcare product for Watson Pharmaceuticals
Medi-Promotions, Inc., Hasbrouck Heights, NJ Oct 2005-Jan 2009
Director Promotion and Production
Was recruited by an SVP/former boss at Torre Lazur McCann to join company as an integral part of sales team focused on driving initiatives that promote the Medi-Scripts franchise. Managed marketing and promotional communications strategy for all marketing initiatives and campaign concepts. Heavily involved in writing, developing and producing ad materials, presentations, and regular direct mailings.
· Functioned as in-house Ad Agency
· Assessed needs of sales force and provided timely delivery of projects
· Served as liaison with all agency vendors
· Responsible for the accuracy and cost effective management of all projects from conception to disk release
Torre Lazur McCann, Parsippany, NJ
Account Supervisor Oct 1999-Sept 2005
Recommended for position of Senior Account Executive by Director of Client Services at Integrated Communications Corp. I managed the following brands: Xopenex (Sepracor), Topamax Global (Ortho-McNeil), Zyvox (Pharmacia), Aciphex (Janssen/Eisai), Denavir, Gaviscon, Citrucel, TUMS and Os-Cal (SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare).
· Managed account profitability by generating financial reports and monitoring hours/OOP against ongoing agency projects
· Served as resource for internal account team
Was promoted to Account Supervisor and assigned to:
PLAVIX – Sanofi-Aventis/Bristol Myers Squibb partnership with sales over $20 billion and account fees over $6 million. Responsible for managing the profitability of the account with specific strategic focus on stroke.
· Interacted primarily with Client at the product director/manager level
· Strategic conduit between agency team and client brand team
· Managed integrated effort between AOR, Client and agency partners
· Conducted bi-weekly Client status meetings, provided weekly Client reports and managed all medical/legal submissions
· Focused on brand finances and agency profitability
· Team leader on all day-to-day efforts on behalf of the brand
· Managed work flow to ensure completion on time and within budget
Integrated Communications Corporation, Parsippany, NJ May 1999-Sept 1999
Senior Account Executive (Freelance)
Oversaw all agency activity on the product launch of Nicotine Polacrilex Gum, an OTC smoking cessation aid manufactured by Watson Laboratories.
· Provided effective strategic direction to Client and Agency team
· Developed, wrote and implemented product communications plans
· Managed all financial aspects of assigned product
Supported Agency efforts on special projects including Chesebrough-Pond’s Mentadent Toothpaste and Bayer’s Flintstones Vitamins.
The Corporate Communications Group, Whippany, NJ April 1997-April 1999
Director, New Business Development
Responsible for new business development including a $1 million annual quota for this $40 million direct mail house, one of the top 10 in the country.
· Sold a diverse range of services including marketing and creative services, printing, data processing direct mail and fulfillment
· Developed and maintained strong client/prospect relationships; represented Agency in the business community
· Several accounts I secured and maintained included GPU Energy, The Bergen Record, E-Trade Securities, E-Z Pass, and Coltene-Whaledent
Scelba, Scelba, DeTitta & Wolfson (SSD&W), Montville, NJ June 1993-March 1997
Joined company as a Senior Account Executive responsible for solicitation of new business across a wide range of industries.
· Pursued, attained, scheduled and organized prospect meetings
· Developed and maintained highly targeted client marketing database for regular prospect mailings and follow up
· Summarized new business results for presentation to SSD&W’s Plans Board
· Researched, developed and wrote marketing proposals and participated in new business presentations
· Developed and authored all agency marketing materials, corporate profiles, and “sales pitch” letters
Within one year I was promoted to Director of New Business Development
· Directed all new business development including research, initiation and development of relationships with prospective clients for a $60 million full service Integrated Marketing Communications Company.
· Secured major new consumer products clients including the Bergen Record newspaper ($4.0 million integrated marketing program) and Ansell America health products ($1.5 million)
· Worked closely with SSD&W’s Plans Board to formulate and develop strategic marketing communications programs in support of business objectives
· Sold sponsorship packages for cable TV shows
POSITIONS HELD PRIOR TO 1993 ENABLED ME TO UTILIZE A VARIETY OF SKILL SETS IN INDUSTRIES AS DIVERSE AS RETAIL AND RECORD COMPANY.
Allied Graphic Arts, New York, NY June 1976-Jan 1993
Responsible for developing new business and servicing existing accounts at the largest Direct Mail/Retail Catalog agency in the country. Complete control of catalog production from initial concept to finished product, including scheduling, budgeting, photo shoots, and press runs. Diversified account responsibilities with particular emphasis on major retail chains (Macy’s/Bamberger’s, Rich’s, Jordan Marsh, Federated, Allied, May Company, Fortunoff, Bullock’s and Burdines).
Polydor Incorporated, New York, NY May 1973-May 1976
East Coast Publicity Director
Responsible for creation and development of artist promotional campaigns, press coverage, corporate speech writing, tour support and coordination of sales conventions.
Responsible for all corporate publicity activities with special emphasis on artist bios, publicity mailings, preparation of feature stories and advertising copy.
Queens College, M.A., Creative Writing
Manhattanville College, B.A., English Literature
Julliard School of Music, Piano and Music Theory