Subhajit Guha,CPA (Illinois),CGMA(AICPA),FCA(India
Room No.906,Hotel Marriot Residence Inn,425 Street Bonham Street,San Antonio,Texas 78205,USA
Phone: 2104965614x5122(Day Time),2102125555x906(After 7 p.m.)
_Highly Competent Finance & Accounts Head / CFO / Financial Controller/Internal auditor/Business Investigation
23+ years of record in mapping financial vision, implementing best finance & accounting practices, streamlining processes, increasing efficiency, improving forecast accuracy, maximizing internal controls, minimizing financial risks, reducing costs, saving money / time, enhancing economical advantage and realizing business objectives.
Business Planning ? Financial Strategy / Analysis ? Budget Planning & Control ? SOX with Section 404 Compliance ? Costing / Taxation ? Auditing ? Fund / Capital Management ? Systems Development / Implementation ? MIS & Functional Support ? Financial Statements / Reporting ? Statutory / Tax Compliance ? Value Addition ? Business Development
Diligent and results driven C-Level executive with expertise in the entire gamut of financial operations from ideation and execution of policies / procedures to finalizing and maintenance of accounts in line with organizational strategy and mission. Rich blend of business, financial planning, analytical, reviewing and problem solving skills backed with a FCA, a Diploma in CIMA and a CPA certification. Solid exposure to ERP. Astutely combine superior financial leadership, sound business practices and sharp ERP skills to understand existing systems, identify future fiscal requirements and necessary financial controls, develop cost saving systems & processes and drive improvements in all areas of business.
Change agent, set-up and expand business from scratch. Noted for imparting best business / financial inputs to top management and helping them take strategic decisions. Analyze business performance (actual v/s budget) aimed at enhancing cost consciousness and improving productivity / bottom line, competitive advantage and corporate image.
Key Competencies / Strengths
• IFRS / US GAAP Accounting ? Cost Planning / Analysis ? Activity Based Costing ? Cost / Finance Reconciliation
• Product Costing ? Credit Policy / Pricing ? Tax Laws / Plans ? Tax Assessment / Filing ? Treasury Functions
• Stock Management ? Operation Management ? Risk Management / Reporting ? Acquisitions / Mergers
• Management Reporting ? Process Implementation ? Process Management / Improvement ? Systems Revamping
• Receivables / Payables ? Account Reconciliation ? Inventory Management ? Expenditure Management
• Efficiency & Productivity Analysis ? Break Even Analysis ? Variance Analysis ? Compliance of Sarbanes Oxley
• Value Engineering ? Relationship Management ? Production / Bistribution / Brand Management
• Staff Management ? Team Management ? ERP (SAP, Oracle, BAAN & JD Edwards) ? SAP – FI/CO & Oracle Financials
• Keen and continuous learner with excellent communication, liaison and prioritization skills.
• Efficient in handling complex negotiations with overseas personnel.
• Extensive experience in Arab countries with proficiency in Arabic language.
Snapshot of Career Highlights
Practising Financial Consultant
• Preparing and monitoring risk based audit plan for internal audit and concurrent audit of retail liabilities and assets branches.
• Reviewing and monitoring processes, internal controls, risk and performances of bank units under retail liability group.
• • Identify and reporting the issues observed during the audit tot the management
• Streamlining the audit & accounting process, addition of new audit areas and establishing new approaches for audit
• Effectively revamped G/L, financial systems, reports and schedules. Improved forecast precision and standardized reporting procedures. Successfully designed, and documented internal controls and procedures.
• Profitably built a finely tuned accounting department and fostered a collaborative environment that improved productivity, individual accountability and team morale.
• Prudently perceived need for and obtained a $1.5 Million line of credit. Enhanced level of customer service.
• Participated in purchase and implementation of $5,000,000 computer system, vehicles and other fixed Assets.
• Successfully implemented BAAN ERP system. Played a key role in due diligent acquiring of companies.
• Cleared tax related issues pending for 5 years.
• Productively merged 2 financial systems into one. Reduced cost in productions and logistics.
• Computerized data on fixed assets (since inception - over 10 years old data) with gross block 10 Million USD.
• Successfully arranged export facility through Banks for Egypt, Yemen and South Africa.
• Implemented Oracle Financial system ERP. Adapted best practices in Finance and Accounting.
• Introduced checks and controls within the business accounting system to minimize any risk from errors.
• Established model / framework for management of working capital.
Landmark Gulf Group
• Established business from the scratch and expanded it by adding 6 new retail malls of 20,000 square meter.
• Helped top management in taking strategic decisions through value added management reporting.
• Facilitated the right product mix and thus enhanced the bottom line.
• Key member of teams involved in development of various systems for Payroll & Costing Department, Value Engineering and Cost Benefit Analysis.
Summary of Business Exposure
Practising Chartered Accountant :- Present occupation
Head-Finance & Accounts, IFFCO, Kuwait, 2008 to 2011
(Based in UAE, IFFCO manufactures and markets integrated range of mass-market consumer products. Its interests include F&B, Personal Care & Cleaning, Packaging & Industrial Products, and Logistics)
• Reporting to the Group Finance Director, took complete ownership of all functions related to business planning, budgeting, financial accounts / statements, MIS and functional support, product costing / stock management, working capital management, treasury and policy control, and statutory / tax compliance.
Financial Controller, Saudi Masterbaker Ltd.(SML), KSA - 2003 to 2008
(The firm is a leading producer and marketer of branded bakery products for the past 25 years and enjoys tremendous goodwill in GCC and Yemen, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Sri Lanka, South Africa and UK markets)
• Reporting to the Group Finance Director, supported the budgeting process by collating individual SBU budgets. Planned, monitored and reported cash flows to the Chief Executive Officer and Group Chief Financial Officer.
• Coordinated with Auditors in completing the statutory audits and declaration of financial results within time.
• Performed break even and efficiency /productivity analysis, and introduced checks and controls within the business accounting system. Identified training needs of operational staff on financial controls.
• Liaised with Banks / Governmental agencies, and ensured timely reconciliations of suppliers and vendors accounts.
Finance Manager / Head-Accounts & Administration, Landmark Gulf Group, Dubai and KSA - 1996 to 2003
(The group is into retail business of garments, shoes and lifestyle products and is one of the largest retail chains in the Middle East. It operates in all GCC countries, UK, Spain, Italy and Portugal and enjoys a turnover of US$1 billion)
• Reporting to the Group Finance Director, handled a wide array of activities such as accounting, budgeting, man power planning, variance analysis and financial / sales reporting, and business development.
Manager-Finance, Tata Motors (previously TELCO), Jamshedpur & Mumbai - 1990 to 1996
• As a part of the Core Finance & Costing team, involved in working capital management. Performed cost analysis of various models of vehicles and cost / finance reconciliation. Assessed and filed corporate tax.
Senior Auditor, Deloitte (formerly S. B. Billimoria & Co.), Jamshedpur – Jan 1989 to Jan 1990
Education / Certification
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA),llinois ,USA(Certificate Number-101026)
• Chartered Global Management Accountant- American Institute of Certified Public Accountant,USA
• Diploma in Advanced Management Accountancy, CIMA, UK,
• FCA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, India,
• Bachelor of Commerce with Honours- Saint Xaviers College, Calcutta University, India,
• Finance for Non-finance Managers ? Effective Communications.
• Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
• Member, Chartered Institute of Management Accountant, UK.
• Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountant, USA.
Mr. Keshawa Shriniwas Director Sefeena Trading, Kuwait 0096590903706 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Shekhar Chatterjee Ex.Vice President-Finance, British Oxygen Ltd. 00919830041442 email@example.com
Mr. Aninda Chatterjee Vice President - Nokia-Siemens 00919830015000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Birth: 4th January 1963 ? Languages: English, Bengali, Hindi