Aundrea M. Bradford
Creative, published writer generating copy that enhances organizational message. Detail oriented editor with exceptional ability to capture and deliver key messages. Persuasive presenter. Media and public relations manager. Story placement on local and national levels. Energetic, motivated self-starter.
Wayne County Community College - Detroit, MI 1/11 – Present
Teach English composition, grammar and reading skills to adult learners. Provide
authentic, engaging instruction. Devise syllabi, lesson plans. Calculate grades and keep attendance. Participate in professional development programs and campus activities.
Communications Specialist 8/93 - Present
Write articles; Edit, Proofread copy for authors, students, businesses
Miracles in Action - Etiwanda, California
Revised, edited manuscript for publication. Memoir published.
He was our Prince" – Southfield, MI
Wrote synopsis and author’s profile for self-published book.
Phoenix Data Systems - Southfield, MI
Wrote, edited, designed monthly newsletters.
ALPP, INC - Atlanta, GA
Wrote, edited and designed annual reports and press releases.
Dept. of Children and Youth Services - Decatur, GA
Wrote and co-designed promotional copy.
Davenport University - Livonia, MI 8/05 – 2007
Improved the writing and reading comprehension skills of adult learners through authentic, engaging instruction. Devised syllabi, lesson plans. Calculated grades and attendance.
Participated in campus activities.
Empowerment Zone Development Corp. - Detroit, MI 2001
Changed company image through strategic story placement in local and national media. Planned and implemented community events, press conferences. Wrote, edited and designed newsletters, press releases and promotional literature. Conducted workshops with volunteers. Built community ties.
• Single-handedly spearheaded and managed public and media relations
• Secured story placements in local and national media
• Planned, executed first, outdoor community fair for non-profit groups.
WTJH 1260 AM - East Point, GA 6/92 - 8/94
Volunteer News Director
• Pioneered weekday news broadcasts
• Produced, wrote, edited and anchored weekday news
• Served as weekend announcer/DJ
The Atlanta Tribune - Roswell, GA 1/91 - 4/93
Editorial Assistant, Associate Editor
Developed editorial content for this monthly, business news publication
• Wrote articles, selected and edited press releases for inclusion in publication
• Completed story layouts and proofread articles.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Atlanta, GA 1990
Copy Desk Intern
Gained vast knowledge of daily newspaper production procedures.
• Proofread feature stories for grammar, spelling, mechanics, content
and Associated Press Style compliance
• Wrote headlines for articles.
Johnson Publishing Company - Chicago, IL 1989
Editorial Intern, EBONY Magazine
Gained insight into all phases of magazine production.
Selected to serve as college's first intern for national publication
• Participated and provided input in editorial meetings
• Wrote articles, headlines, photo captions for publication in national magazine
• Edited press releases
• Proofread galley sheets.
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Media Arts/Journalism, Clark Atlanta University
• Reader’s Digest Scholarship Recipient
• Dean’s List, Honor Roll
• Who’s Who Among College Students
• News, Features Editor of college newspaper
Toastmasters International, Competent Communicator, Vice President of Education, American Cancer Society Relay for Life Volunteer, American Cancer Society Marathoner, Detroit Free Press Marathoner.