I am a graphic designer and marketing professional with over 15 years experience in print design, publishing, product development, photoshoot direction and marketing. My professional experience has enabled me to develop a multi-faceted skill set by creating robust, strategic campaigns that build brand awareness, lower costs while increasing revenue, and engage consumers in a variety of products from conceptualization to execution in an ever changing consumer environment. I have a strong motivation to excel, outstanding creative thinking and problem solving abilities and an exemplary work ethic and performance record.
Carson-Dellosa Publishing, Greensboro, NC
February 2008-June 2013
• Provide multiple packaging concepts and suggestions for all product offerings to stay at or below budget.
• Create and engineer packaging mock-ups for sales presentations.
• Take designs to a final digital stage, being accurate in composition, using specified color pallets and specified style preferences,
product specifications from Product Development, and reflect all previous directions/comments from Creative Director.
• Coordinate and direct photo shoots for all packaging, book cover and photographic product needs.
• Communicates effectively with Print Buying and vendors to maintain status of all files, proofs, samples and reprints.
• Maintain product archive.
• Design packaging elements including boxes, header cards and backers.
• Troubleshoot each product for ease of printing, economy of production, proper assembly of pieces, proper die requirements, etc.
• Maintain timely schedule and supply packaging files to in-house prep technician at appropriate times. Check proofs as necessary.
• Coordinate all reprints and errors for home office and requests from Columbus office.
Kindermusik International, Greensboro, NC
October 2005-February 2008
Senior Graphic Designer
• Create and enhance brand identity for Kindermusik, Do-Re-Me & You! and ABC Music & Me
• Art direct and design all print, email and website campaigns
• Manage all steps of quarterly catalog from concept, layout, and photography to final production
• Produce graphics for each company's web needs
• Create a design culture in the workplace
• Handle print and postage budgets
Meldisco, Mahwah, NJ
September 2000-July 2005
Graphic Design Manager
• Manage team of graphic designers
• Produce the visual expression to assist in achieving sales goals for all projects including signing, packaging, pass outs,
trade shows and logos for Kmart, Walmart, Shoe Zone, Footstarworks and select Federated department stores
• Archive completed artwork and maintain internal libraries for future access
• Supervise and direct outside services including photo studios, freelance artists and purchasing of artwork
• Direct and execute timely creative to support merchandising and marketing objectives
• Ensures all deadlines are met and final artwork is within technical print guidelines and budget parameters
• Creative designer for all Shoe Zone shoe stores located in Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands & United States
Proficient in Adobe CS6.0, Quark Xpress, Dreamweaver, Flash, Microsoft Office, and File Maker.
Experienced photo shoot coordinator and director.