I have also worked with grants and proposals as well as Aerospace Engineering manuscripts.
Linda Chandler Kidd
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Accomplished professional with strong organizational, communication, and computer skills; detail and structure oriented?
B.S. - *** Laude Graduate
• University of Tennessee ? Chattanooga, TN
A.A. Secondary Education
• East Central Community College, ? Decatur, MS??
• Louisville High School,? Louisville, MS
PROFESSIONAL ASSETS & EXPERIENCE:?
• Proficient in written and verbal communication ?
• Detail oriented, ability to successfully structure jobs demanding
• Expert use of personal and Macintosh computers and software
(including but not limited to Adobe Contribute, Banner, IRIS, Word,
Excel, Office Publisher, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, VM Ware
• Excellent typing speed with minimal errors (85 WPM)?
• Ability to design and maintain website
• Blue Ribbon Award - University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
• Distinguished Service - Mississippi State University College of
• National Dean’s List
• University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (2003-Retired effective
May 1, 2013)
Health & Human Performance:
Assistant to the Department Head,
• Advising undergraduate students
• Departmental annual budget/reports & procurement card
• University, community, and prospective students liaison for the
Department of Health & Human Performance (HHP)
• Departmental website
• Editorial and technical support for grants and contracts
• Assist undergraduate students (900) with class schedules for
appropriate and timely graduation for all HHP concentrations
when faculty unavailable; Assist faculty with student data for all
orientation sessions and for advising appointments
• Enter HHP advisors’ names in Banner for all HHP advisees
• Mississippi State University? College of Veterinary Medicine:
Administrative Specialist in Research? to Dr. Jerald Ainsworth, Associate Dean
• Liaison – federal/state agencies & legislators
• Created/maintained annual report databases
• Processed/submitted grants/contracts proposals on-line
• Created/maintained website
• Office manager?
• Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station:
Administrative Specialist to Dr. Vance Watson, Director
• Mississippi State University ? Aerospace Engineering:
Administrative Assistant to Department Head, ? Professor Charles B. Cliett
• Research Technical papers/grant/contract proposals
• Graduate/undergraduate student coordinator
• Office Manager
• Ronald McDonald House – Volunteer
• Starkville Manor – Volunteer for senior citizen residents, Starkville,
MS -- transported for doctor’s visits, groceries, other necessities; hosted
special celebrations; completed Medicare/Insurance claims, etc.
• Children’s Reading Program, Starkville and Oktibbeha County School
System, Starkville, MS
• Sunday School and Training Union Teacher for 13-18 years-of-age
category, Murphy Creek Baptist Church, Louisville, MS
Dr. Gary Liguori**, Department Head, Health & Human Performance, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 615 McCallie Ave., Bldg. 6606, Chattanooga, TN 37403, Gary-Liguori@UTC.edu, 423-425-4176.
Dr. W. Leroy Fanning** – Professor Emeritus and former HHP Department Head, 423-240-9115 or Leroy-Fanning@UTC.edu
Dr. A. Jerald Ainsworth* – Provost, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 615 McCallie Ave., Bldg. 4305, Chattanooga, TN 37403, Jerald-Ainsworth@UTC.edu, 423-425-4478.
Linda Orth, Registrar, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 615 McCallie Ave., Dept. 5155, Chattanooga, TN 37403, Linda-Orth@UTC.edu, 423-425-4669.
Dr. Steve Underwood, Associate Professor, Health & Human Performance, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 615 McCallie Ave., Bldg. 6606, Chattanooga, TN 37403, Steve-Underwood@UTC.edu, 423-425-4173.
*Please note: Dr. Ainsworth was my direct supervisor when we were both employed by Mississippi State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Mississippi State, MS 39762.
**Please note: Dr. Liguori took the position of HHP Department Head, effective July 1, 2012. Dr. Fanning retired as HHP Department Head, effective June 30, 2012.