Helen F. Black-Pace
185 Black Lane • Vidor, Texas 77662 • (409) 681-9105
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent customer service skills resulting in a history of success working closely with clients.
• Sociable, personable, communicate easily with a wide range of personalities.
• An accomplished graphic designer with 20 years of solid experience in electronic pre-press.
• Graduate, Vidor High School, 1982
• Student, Colorado Technical University Associate of Science in Health Administrative Services projected
graduation, December 2012
Thrifty Nickel September 2008 to Present
• Create a weekly classifieds newspaper with a tight deadline.
• Create various sizes of display ads in both full color and black and white.
• Scan and correct photos for use in advertising in the paper.
• Amount of pages per issue varies each week from 16 to 32 pages.
• Pagination of the paper each week.
• Proof classifieds ad and display ads.
• Design business cards, brochures, and flyers for both in-house employees and various customers.
3L Printing December 2007 to November 2008
• Creative design and production of brochures, letterheads, envelopes, business forms and advertising.
• Sizing and retouching digital images and photographs.
• Pre-press production, direct to plate output.
• Duties included scheduling appointments, answering phones, communication with public.
Becker Printing Company, Inc. April 1998 to September 2007
• Award winning design and layout
• High resolution scanning and color correction
• Imposition, direct to plate output, film output.
TLS Printing, Inc., Houston, Texas July 1997 to February 1998
• Consulting with clients throughout production
• Assessed clients needs and wishes.
• Designed brochures and ads, choosing type, colors and materials consistent with desired image.
• Layout, design, proofreading, high end scanning, color correction
• Film output and press checks.
ImageSet, Houston, Texas June 1995 to July 1997
• Progressive, award winning service bureau.
• Heavy customer contact.
• Coordinated production and ad layouts
• Advised on creative and technical options for achieving desired image.
Proficient on the software Microsoft 2010, Adobe Creative Suite, Quark XPress, Freehand, Dynastrip.
Windows based computers, Macintosh computers, HP Scanners, AGFA SelectSet 5000, Howtek Scanmaster 7500, Howtek D4000 and Howtek Scanmaster 4500 drum scanners, and AGFA Horizon Plus high resolution scanners, IRIS Color Proofs, EPSON XL Pro Color Inkjet Proofs, Iomega Zip and Jaz drives, Syquest drives, Bernoulli drives, mechanical layout and design.
Available Upon Request
President, Becker Printing
Owner, The Mailbox Connection