Sylvia A. (Haupt) Shanahan
11272 122nd Ave. N
Largo, FL 33778
Cell: (330) 603-7871
Comprehensive marketing professional in product development, advertising, branding, sales promotion, merchandising, public relations and sales. Progressively responsible positions held include Marketing Manager, Promotions Manager, Marketing Services Manager, Art Director and Account Executive.
• Consultative selling and client communications
• Marketing, advertising, public relations and project management
• Image management through art direction, photo direction, creative direction, copy writing and graphic design
• Results-driven meetings, presentations, trade show participation, promotions and other special events
• Vendor negotiation and co-op advertising coordinating
• Team-building management and supervision
Creative Resources, Parma, Ohio (Sept ‘05 - December ‘10)
Creative Resources provides custom packaging and enhancements from concept to finished production. All products are manufactured in Asia. Clients include Harry & David, Archipelago, Chella Skincare, Root Candles, Lafco NY, Cheryl’s Cookies, Mrs. Fields, Hickory Farms, Mrs. Beasley’s, Sweet Shop USA, The Popcorn Factory, Fannie May Brands, and other leading gourmet food, beauty products and candle companies in the United States.
• Generate leads, sales and manage projects for over 30 accounts and up to 300 projects per year.
• Oversee P&L of each project working closely with Asian vendors and US clients
• Direct creative concepts
• Increased sales from $350,000 in 2005 to $656,000 in 2006.
• Increased sales from $656,000 in 2006 to $774,000 in 2007.
• Increased sales from $774,000 in 2007 to $928,000 in 2008.
• Increased sales from $928,000 in 2008 to $945,000 in 2009.
Account Executive (Part time)
Scriptype Publishing, Richfield, Ohio (June ‘05 – Sept. ‘05)
• Advertising sales for six monthly publications
Marketing/Public Relations Consultant (Contract)
Buy Into Youngstown, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio (Feb. ‘05 – May ‘05)
Buy Into Youngstown is a non-profit organization in the Center for Urban and Regional Studies at Youngstown State University whose purpose is to educate and assist low-income homebuyers in purchasing within city limits.
• Managed marketing, advertising, PR and fundraising plans, as well as media buying, special event coordinating and creative generation.
Currents Magazine, Chagrin Falls, Ohio (Jan. ‘04 – March ‘05)
Currents is a monthly publication sent to households with a combined family income of $100,000 plus.
• Covered fundraising events in Summit County.
Photo Director/Contributing Editor (Contract)
Luxury Living Magazine, Akron, Ohio (Sept. ‘04 )
A Knight-Ridder publication, this 60-page niche publication is sent quarterly to a mailing list of households with a combined income of $150,000 plus in Akron and Cleveland.
• Provided editorial content, story ideas and coordinated and directed photo shoots.
Kichler Lighting, Cleveland, Ohio (Feb. '99 – May ‘04)
• Managed home fashion image of Westwood and Tiffany Classics lines of product through photo direction, visual themes, catalogs (both consumer and distributor), ads, point of purchase signage and other collateral.
• Originated trends, strategies and tag lines working closely with sales management, product designers and brand managers.
Creative Workshop, Stow, Ohio (Nov. '90 - Feb. '99)
Major clients included:
Barnum Beauty Systems, Macedonia, Ohio
Developed co-op advertising programs
• Created customized marketing plans to sole proprietor salons and small chains.
• Originated themes and campaigns for the annual "Fashion Focus" trade show attended by over 7,000 beauty professionals.
Promotions/Marketing Services Manager
Matrix Essentials, Inc., Solon, Ohio (Oct. '88 - April '90)
• Directed, managed and implemented all activities concerning the Matrix Synergy Salon Success Club, an ongoing merchandising program to assist over 20,000 salons in retailing Matrix products and services.
• Assigned to the team that launched Matrix Skincare and Systeme Biolage.
Oversaw special market advertising, media promotions and public relations plans.
The Milo Corporation, Stow, Ohio (Nov. '83-Oct. '87)
Planned, budgeted, themed and implemented all marketing activities including trade and consumer advertising, public relations, direct mail catalogs, packaging, sales promotion, store manager incentive programs, merchandising, store design and trade show participation.
• Directed three graphic designers, a copywriter and an administrative assistant.
AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Created an in-house, full-service advertising agency for The Milo Corporation.
• Provided marketing consulting to Barnum Beauty Systems management resulting in 233% sales increase in six years.
• Achieved a 300% sales increase from 2005 – 2009 at Creative Resources.
• Magna *** Laude graduate of Kent State University with a BFA in Graphic Design/Illustration
• Signature member of Akron Society of Artists (served as secretary of the board, 1998-2001)
• Susan B. Anthony member of Women's Network.