1508 Drury Circle || Raymore Missouri 64083 || (816) 442-0295 || firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Missouri Columbia, Missouri
Bachelor of Health Science in Health Sciences (BHS) Graduation Date: August 2013
Kansas City Community College Kansas City, Kansas
Associate of Sciences Degree May 2011
Secretary, Refugee & Immigration Services June, 2013 – Present
• Scheduled and confirmed appointments for clients, case workers, and directors.
• Operated office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, phone systems, and used computers for
spreadsheet, word processing, database management such as (L,Hote), and other applications.
• Assisted refugees and immigrants in settling in to Columbia (e.g. housing, transportation, pickups)
Field Manager, Guidance Academy (Seasonal) May 2005 – Present
Kansas City, Missouri
• Assisted in training 40 employees on use of sanitation before and after serving nutritional meals.
• Aided in budgeting and financial management for the organization.
• Delivered & provided nutritional meals to the Public housing and Section 8 in Kansas City, Missouri.
Physical Education Instructor, Universal Academy August 2010 – July 2012
• Taught physical education to elementary, junior high, and high school students.
• Prepared lesson plans to incorporate the essential physical activities for students.
• Communicated with parents and guardians regarding the progress students had made and
other issues that needed to be addressed.
• Promoted to secretary of the school board by demonstrating leadership skills.
Sales Associate, Express February 2011 – April 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
• Assisted over 35 customers per shift in selecting merchandise such as clothes and jewelry.
• Handled cash, checks and other financial transactions.
• Promoted company financial services by establishing company credit cards to customers.
Front Desk Clerk, Holiday Inn Express May 2008 – June 2009
• Confirmed reservations for guests.
• Issued room keys, pamphlets and gift cards.
• Provided great customer service in fulfilling customer needs and concerns.
• Balanced cash drawer at the end of each work shift.
Skills and Experience
Internship, Pro World Volunteers December 2012 – January 2013
Base Location - Cape coast, Ghana
• Worked with health professionals, nurses, and physicians to spread awareness of malaria,
HIV/AIDS, and other communicable diseases through workshops, presentations, and
demonstrations at schools, clinics, and villages.
• Educated families in villages, local schools, and clinics on communicable diseases and
performed workshops for prevention of sickness.
• Counseled over 100 patients who were positive and negative with syphilis,
HIV/AIDS, and Malaria.
• Donated medical supplies to Abrem Agona Health Center located in Cape Coast, Ghana.
• Received an award of recognition due to excellence of my performance working
with Progressive Youth Excellence Organization. (PEYORG)
Vice President, Sakeenah Foundation March 2012 - Present
Base location - Kano, Nigeria
• Co-founded the foundation, & Vice President.
• Developed and managed foundation website (www.sakeenahfoundation.yolasite.com)
• Established maternal health and family planning projects for the foundation.
Chair Person, Global Transition Justice Model Organization January 2012 - Present
• Contributed in making Kansas City Kansas Community College the center for transitional justice
simulation in the United States, a historical event.
• Contributed in developing 5 committees of 38 delegations resulting to 250 attendees from
High Schools across Missouri and Kansas to the first annual KCKCC Global Transitional Justice
• Presided over the committee and directed the activities of the body such as parliamentary procedure.
• Contributed to the General Assembly a resolution on topic A. Joseph Kony 2012 of human rights violations.