21-21 30th Road, Astoria, NY 11102
(917) 849-9928 • email@example.com
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Reliable, detail-oriented writer and copy editor with a decade of professional experience.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
• Proofreading, copy editing, educational writing, technical writing, social media writing.
• Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, CSS, WordPress, HootSuite.
POWERKIDS PRESS, New York, NY 2013-present
• Write educational children’s books aimed at fourth graders.
ONYX PATH PUBLISHING, Macungie, PA 2008-present
Freelance Game Developer
• Write, copy edit and proofread chapters of setting material for fantasy role-playing games.
• Revise material from earlier editions of the game to fit the voice and flavor of a new edition.
• Research a wide range of historical and mythological source material.
• Supervise fellow authors, editing their work and ensuring they meet deadlines.
SMART + STRONG, New York, NY 2007-2012
Assistant Online Editor
• Wrote and edited online and print articles and summaries for company publications.
• Worked with editors, artists, marketers and technical staff to deploy articles and websites.
MONGOOSE PUBLISHING, Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom 2004-2007
Freelance Game Developer (2004-2007)
Third Party Product Line Editor (2007)
• Wrote chapters of over a dozen published game supplements.
• Proofread and copy edited five published game supplements.
THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, College of Staten Island
Bachelor of Arts – English, 1996