Dynamic event manager with extensive experience creating and implementing unique events that build brand equity, raise member participation and increase revenue. Skillfully manage entire event lifecycle, including conceptualization, planning all logistical details and managing the details of onsite execution. Experienced in managing a diverse group of vendors, volunteers and other contributors to present high-impact events that achieve all goals and provide a quantifiable return on investment. Bilingual in Spanish, and English.
Conference Logistics ? Financial Management ? Onsite Implementation ? Event Planning
Relationship Development ? New Program Implementation ? Public Speaking & Presentations ? Team Leadership ? Contract Negotiation ? Sponsorships & Business Development ? Problem Solving
etc group, Senior Meeting & Event Manager, 2010 – 2013
Wellness International Network, Ltd., Senior Manager of Compliance & Resolutions, 2007-2010
Wellness International Network, Ltd., Senior Manager of Events, 2004-2007
Mental Health Association of Greater Dallas, Logistics Director, 2003-2004
Mental Health Association of Greater Dallas, Program Assistant, 2002-2003
Adecco, Executive Assistant, 1998-2001
ETC GROUP ? Arlington, Texas
Meeting, events and incentives, as well as travel management and promotional products national company.
Senior Meeting & Event Manager
Managed third party meetings and events across the US and Mexico for over 14 major DFW for- and non-profit
clients. Personally worked on all aspects of the event details from concept, budget, negotiation, contract
execution, website, logo, and marketing design to onsite and post-management.
* Increased business amongst the clients by 50% due to experience and extraordinary customer service level.
* Raised sales revenue to $1.4 million in two 2011 quarters in new business.
* Reduced client’s budget and maximized event quality by 32% in the first year.
* Introduced clients with way to engage attendees through social media, technology apps, and virtual meetings
to increase return on investment.
WELLNESS INTERNATIONAL NETWORK, LTD. ? Plano, Texas
Global, multi-level marketing company specializing in health and nutritional products.
Senior Manager of Events
Directed 66 major events annually throughout the world, ensuring a unique presentation to drive attendance.
Oversaw entire event lifecycle from conception through planning to onsite implementation. Effectively managed
$3 million budget, including preparing RFPs, revenue projections, budgets and expense justification. Managed
registration, decorations, marketing, F&B, speaker selection and attendee/sponsor relations.
* Aggressively negotiated hotel and vendor contracts to consistently save at least 30% from budget.
* Obtained speakers for the monthly meetings and annual gala. Outlined and developed content for the
* Attracted additional attendees by initiating a Spanish-speaking program instead of just translating courses.
* Launched virtual training within the US office so the other 39 countries could participate frequently.
MENTAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF GREATER DALLAS ? Dallas, Texas
Organization promoting mental health in the community through advocacy, public education and awareness programs.
Managed all aspects of logistics for multiple key events and trainings, overseeing client relations, budget and onsite
implementation. Initiated events to launch new operational products and improvements to existing products.
Established a project management system to ensure events and trainings were executed successfully.
* Increased sales 46% by creating better marketing tools and identifying additional corporate sponsors.
* Developed trainings and events that achieved an 82% retention rate of existing customers.
Charged with turning around corporate perception by rebuilding relationships with vendors, distributors and clients. Evaluated training programs for effectiveness and against industry benchmarks. Coordinated CEUs accreditations for training and events.
* Increased client exposure by conceptualizing, organizing and setting up 35 tradeshow booths annually.
* Enhanced capabilities by creating a database to electronically track registration and contact information.
? Aided in recruiting speakers for yearly conference to medical professionals.
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management ? University of Phoenix ? Dallas, Texas
Meeting Professionals International
National Association of Professional Women
ADVANCED LEVEL – MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, WordPerfect, Lotus Notes, MS Publisher,
Quickbooks, Oovoo, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, GotoMeetings, and texting.
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL – MS Project, Visio, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash, Quark, and Photoshop.