LESLIE L. ZERBINOS
Experienced Technical Writer skilled in creating content
for IT, hazardous materials remediation, missile defense, and finance industries;
Master’s Degree in Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation specialty
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
? Over 10 years of experience writing and editing technical documents, including user manuals, reports, presentations, tutorials, software documents, awards, and Web content
? Documentation specialist: strong command of English language; excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities; extreme attention to detail
? Strong skills in planning, organization, and communication
? Project leadership capabilities
? Excel at: working with subject-matter experts to gather information; identifying relevant data and audiences; and writing documents that are clear and user friendly
? Thorough knowledge of American Psychological Association, Chicago Manual, and Associated Press styles
? Superior communication, interview, and presentation abilities
DCR-Workforce: Boca Raton, FL March 2012 – August 2012
Contract Technical Writer
• Responsible for development of formal Alabama Quality Award and Industry Week Award submittals/publications for a major aerospace defense contractor located in Troy, AL. Duties included: completing award submittal development within required timeframe; writing in clear and concise language; coordinating data and information gathering; integrating all inputs into submittal documents; developing all supporting submittal documentation; coordinating submittal reviews with SMEs, management, and support staff; ensuring all internal and external approvals; and ensuring proper storage and management of all data. Additional duties included initiating a site newsletter and submitting articles to the company website. Applications used: Word, Publisher, PowerPoint.
Graduate Student January 2009 – May 2012
• Received a Master’s degree in Counseling and Psychology (May 2012) from Troy University, with a specialty in (Vocational) Rehabilitation Counseling (1.5 years unpaid employment experience).
1. Internship I – Wiregrass Rehabilitation Center
2. Internship II – Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services
Ceridian Corp.: Military OneSource, Boston, MA February 2005 – December 2007
Writer (Independent Contractor) for military web site
• Responsible for writing and editing articles for “Military OneSource” web site. Articles were informative pieces used to help military service members and their families.
• Selected from a pool of approximately 75 applicants for one of two positions through a rigorous writing and editing application procedure.
WebMD Envoy and WebMD Medifax: Nashville, TN March 2003 – October 2004
• Responsible for creating and updating user documentation for publication to technical and non-technical audiences. Interacted with development teams to ensure technical writing products matched their functionality.
• Additional tasks consisted of coordinating and managing the production and distribution of documentation, and developing and implementing use of processes for all releases of software.
• Worked directly with systems analysts to create documentation for computer specifications. Also wrote release notes and created computer “tags.” Primarily utilized Word, Access, Excel, and Acrobat applications.
Montgomery County Schools: Troy, NC August 2000 – June 2001
English Teacher (Grade 7)
• Instructed students in various areas of communication skills. Daily tasks included lesson plan preparation, student assessment, and instruction. Spent many months preparing students for the North Carolina End-of-grade Writing Test.
Accustaff (First Union National Bank): Charlotte, NC March 1998 – January 1999
Technical Writer/Editor (Contract Position) for large banking institution
• Wrote and edited operations manual for auto finance division of bank.
• Tasks included: creating manual layout and design, interviewing individuals, preparing procedural documents, and editing documents.
• Worked closely with professionals within the division for review and update purposes.
• Conducted meetings and served as project manager.
OHM Remediation Services Corp.: Findlay, OH June 1996 – May 1997
Technical Writer (Independent Contractor) for hazardous materials remediation company
• Wrote and edited technical documentation (reports, proposals, plans, project summaries, statement of qualifications information, etc.) for environmental engineering company
• Participated in all phases of document production (printing, copying, binding, etc.); assisted in graphics presentation/layout; edited the work of word processors and other editors; and worked with a wide variety of employees (including engineers, chemists, projects managers, etc.) to create technical documents.
• Served in project management capacities for several reports.
• Wrote all new personnel resumes and also kept database of existing resumes current.
Master of Science degree in Counseling and Psychology, specialty in Rehabilitation Counseling (2012); Troy University, Troy, AL; GPA – 4.0
Bachelor of Arts in English, specialty in Technical Writing; minor in Psychology (30 hrs.)
University of Findlay, Findlay, OH; GPA – 3.5
• Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society – member
• Chi Sigma Iota (counseling honor society) – member
• American Counseling Association – member