Joshua O. Pessu
1934 - Live Oak Trace
Birmingham, Alabama 35235
Phone: (205) 520-9640
Mobile: (205) 585-8062
OBJECTIVE To obtain a position in which my education and experience can be utilized to actively
participate in a position where I can gain knowledge, enhance a company’s profitability,
and further my career as it relates to the Graphic Design, Electrical Engineering and
SUMMARY OF SKILLS Microsoft Windows 95 – 7, Microsoft Office Suite 95 – 2011, Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Tester,
Microsoft Office Suite 2010 Beta Tester, MAC OSX, C++, HTML, JAVA, Adobe CS3-CS5, and
experienced in setting up networking infrastructures and managing networking systems.
Extensive experience programming and implementing PLC’s. Experience with various
drafting and logic circuit software systems.
01/06 – Current Creative Mind Designs LLC, Birmingham, AL
Director of Media/Marketing
• Sole Proprietor
• Specialized in web development, and coordination of the development of company
branding for clients.
• Work Extensively with Adobe CS software packages to produce a myriad of graphic
design solutions for interested clients.
05/07 – 08/09 ACIPCO, Birmingham, AL
College to Career Student - Intern/ Bull Gang Electrician-Engineer/ Electrical Engineering
• Assisted in Installation and rudimentary programming of Siemens S7 PLC's
• Corrected, updated, and originated various ONE Touch© drawings
• Assisted in the update and retrofitting of the West #5 G&L
• Developed skills in wire termination, circuit board analysis and repair, laser
reconstruction, and numerous other generally design only jobs for engineers
08/06 – 12/06 Boise Cascade Corp., Jackson, AL
Co-Op / Optimization Engineer
• Assisted the Technology Resources group with technical improvements for
• Worked on several projects to improve energy efficiency at the paper mill.
• Worked extensively with mill software: Maximo, PI, Process Doctor, and Bailey
• Utilize the “Process Doctor” software package to redesign the preventive
maintenance loop for efficiency improvements and to make it user friendly for the
• Assessed and recorded mill projects suitable to be executed during the annual
05/04 – 08/04 Alabama Power/ Southern GIS, Birmingham, AL
Geographic Consultant and Geographic Engineer
• Located and assess various properties of interest across the state of Alabama for the
• Met and confer with satellite station managers regarding the status and condition of
• Input data in Alabama Power system Database for review of companies interested in
purchasing or building within the state.
01/02 – 04/02 UAB, Birmingham, AL
Research and Development Intern (Physics Department)
• Developed and synthesized nano-particles.
• Researched the advantages of use nanotechnology.
• Researched and realized applications for diamond nano-crystals.
• Monitored lab conditions and equipment for optimal performances of the Differential
Mobility Analyzer, a tool used to create and apply nano-particles to varied surfaces.
05/06 – 08/06 The Center for Urban Missions, Birmingham, AL
STARS Tech Camp Counselor Coordinator
• Lead, direct, guide, and supervise STARS Tech Camp counselors
• Recruit, screen and conduct counselor interviews and make recommendation to
camp director for hiring
• Organized and conduct counselor training sessions prior to camp
• Organized and redefine the Stars Tech-Economy System
• Provided support and promote the importance of teamwork among counselors to
ensure effective teambuilding and a positive work environment
• Provided team building activities
• Worked closely with assistant camp director in monitoring and supervising site and to
submit written and oral evaluations to camp director
• Helped to maintain good public relations and help to insure that a creative, wellbalanced
and safe environment is provided for all participants
EDUCATION University Of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Student Classification: Senior, anticipated degree: Bachelors of Science Electrical
Anticipated Graduation: May 2013
University Of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Student Classification: Senior, anticipated degree: Bachelors of Science Physics
Anticipated Graduation: December 2012
VOLUNTEER WORK Participated for 5 years with the Fox 6 School Clean Up; Served on the Youth Counsel for
the YWCA Day at the Zoo; Volunteered as a Youth Counselor at the Center for Urban
PROFESSIONAL National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), FEA (Future Engineers of
MEMBERSHIPS America), IEEE (Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
AFFILIATIONS Tuskegee University SGA: Elections Committee 2005 – 2006 School Year
Alabama Club: Current Chaplain 2003 – 2006 School Year
Birmingham Club: Public Relations Committee 2003 –2004 School Year
REFERENCES Available Upon Request